cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Christmas Music not playing

Wombat
Local Performer

Since the beginning of December, Ive been jamming to the christmas station. Recently, however, the station has been playing nonstop classical music. Not even instrumental christmas music either. Now, Id be fine with this, but I want to feel jolly, not smart. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Wombat @mb @ahsanders. ๐Ÿ‘‹

Sorry to hear that your holiday stations aren't behaving. 

Unlike holiday genre stations, holiday stations based on artists may feature non-holiday music from the seed artist and others.

If you prefer to keep these stations playing only holiday music, just thumb down any non-holiday tracks.

That said, if you are getting a lot of non-holiday music, or any completely unrelated tracks, please check the seeds you used to create your station: you may have inadvertently added a non-holiday seed. 

++

If you're interested in our genre holiday stations โ„๏ธ, you can find out  more information here.

Hope this info is helpful. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

ahsanders
Local Performer
I have had the Christmas Station in my Pandora for YEARS. This year when I queued it up - no Christmas music just a bunch of weird techno instrumental stuff. All my likes are still there, but NO CHRISTMAS. ๐Ÿ˜ž I had a Classical Christmas Station that also seemed FUBAR right after Thanksgiving, but it is OK now. I find now that there are several different Christmas Stations divided up in Traditional, Current, etc. I liked getting a mix. I feel ilke there used to be better ways to combine stations, or use like lists, but honestly I can't figure out the whole station vs collection vs playlist model. How do I get my mixed CHRISTMAS station/playlist back with my likes from the FUBAR station --and what the heck happened to that station anyway?
0 Kudos

mb
Local Performer
I am having same problem-- seems like they want me to get Premium at twice the cost in order to get xmas music. time to look for a new service if that is true.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Wombat @mb @ahsanders. ๐Ÿ‘‹

Sorry to hear that your holiday stations aren't behaving. 

Unlike holiday genre stations, holiday stations based on artists may feature non-holiday music from the seed artist and others.

If you prefer to keep these stations playing only holiday music, just thumb down any non-holiday tracks.

That said, if you are getting a lot of non-holiday music, or any completely unrelated tracks, please check the seeds you used to create your station: you may have inadvertently added a non-holiday seed. 

++

If you're interested in our genre holiday stations โ„๏ธ, you can find out  more information here.

Hope this info is helpful. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

woodduck
Local Performer

Alyssa, your canned response doesn't even answer the comments here.  

0 Kudos