cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new artist station brings up customized station instead

jw83876
Local Performer

I customized a station from Starcadian Radio but decided I liked the original Pandora version better.

However - every time I try and add "Starcadian Radio" from an artist search it brings up my modified playlist. (The unwanted station is called "Starcadianxxxxx") Now when I do an artist search, instead of Starcadian Radio, I see my modified station.

How do I purge my modified version forever so I can go back to the original???

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jw83876 To clarify, your Starcadianxxxxx station is actually Starcadian Radio - it was just renamed to be something different.

Since you haven't added any variety to that station, or applied any thumb ratings, the easiest thing to do would be to change the name of the station back to Starcadian Radio.

To edit the station name on your mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
    1. If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
    2. If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the Thumb or small "i" icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station, and scroll down.
  4. Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Change the name of your station, and tap Done to save any changes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

To edit the station name on a computer:

Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. If the station is not available from your Now Playing page, click on the My Collection button first, sort your collection by Stations, and then select the name of the station you'd like to edit.

This will take you to a station details page which shows you information about your personalized station.

If you'd like to edit your station's name or description, click on the small pencil icon to the left of the play button. If you are a Pandora Premium subscriber, click the ellipsis to the right of the play button and select the edit option with the small pencil icon. Keep in mind that once you enter "edit station" mode, you'll need to save your changes when you're done.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

klev
Local Performer

When trying to create a Twenty One Pilots channel, it constantly created a channel called " Houseparty STATION" and included some artists that were nothing like TWP. The Beatles, J Giles Band, etc which are other channels that I have, but not appropriate to what I was creating. Are you no longer allowed to create artist channels that are named by the artist you select (which then includes similar artists)?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@klev To clarify, you can only create one station per track or artist.

It sounds like you already had a station for Twenty One Pilots, but later renamed it to be Houseparty STATION.

This being said, it looks like you may have resolved this, as I see a station named Twenty One Pilots in your collection now.

Was there anything else you needed help with?

Let me know.

0 Kudos