cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating stations experiment.

aaronatadero
Local Performer

I read somewhere here on these community forums that the ideal number of seeds is three or four for a station. However, when you research a Pandora made station there is a definite formula. A Pandora made station always consists of 6 artists and 10 songs. Of those songs, six of them are from the artists included and four of them are from other artists. This is technically 16 seeds and not the three or four that is suggested. Is that a more interesting way to create a station? I have tried this a few times to fine results, but I want to know why the discrepancy? You say 3 or 4 is ideal, but you build your own station on this 6/10 formula. Why? Is sixteen seeds confusing for the algorithm? Or, is it a better way to build a station?

Thanks for your time.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aaronatadero That suggestion is for variety you add to your station after it is created.

If you are looking to hear variety in your listening session, what you can do is shuffle multiple stations at once (rather than trying to add a bunch of additional variety to a single station).

You may also consider upgrading to Pandora Premium - with this level of subscription, you can create customized playlists where you can pick and choose the actual songs you want to hear during your listening session.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aaronatadero That suggestion is for variety you add to your station after it is created.

If you are looking to hear variety in your listening session, what you can do is shuffle multiple stations at once (rather than trying to add a bunch of additional variety to a single station).

You may also consider upgrading to Pandora Premium - with this level of subscription, you can create customized playlists where you can pick and choose the actual songs you want to hear during your listening session.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos