cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep Cuts

mariona39
Local Performer

Haven't tried the Deep Cuts tuning option yet.  Is it "only" the deeper dive into an artist or station's content (like a B-side station)?  Or does it just add that content to what would already be on the classic station?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mariona39 Nice to see you around the community!

That is correct - Deep Cuts mode focuses on playing lesser-known tracks by the artists that normally play on your station.

Your Thumbs Down will function normally in this mode, but Thumbing Up tracks will tell your station that you'd like more variety and B-Sides in My Station mode moving forward.

For a complete description of each Pandora Mode, check out this help page article.

Hope this helps! 😎

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mariona39 Nice to see you around the community!

That is correct - Deep Cuts mode focuses on playing lesser-known tracks by the artists that normally play on your station.

Your Thumbs Down will function normally in this mode, but Thumbing Up tracks will tell your station that you'd like more variety and B-Sides in My Station mode moving forward.

For a complete description of each Pandora Mode, check out this help page article.

Hope this helps! 😎

0 Kudos

945201Lemma1
Local Performer

Many moons ago, I created a station by typing Frank Sinatra. It grew with different artists with similar styles until I had Big Band music I never heard before. Same with the twenty or so stations I added.

Then I noticed that Pandora didn't play the 'B Side" and new music was rarely added.

Today, listing to Pandora is a lot like a 'Top 40' radio station, where they toss-in an oldie every hour to keep us interested. And we don't get The Real Don Steel or Wolfman Jack.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@945201Lemma1 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

I recommend utilizing Pandora Modes to resolve the issue you are having with your station.

There is a Mode for Deep Cuts which focuses on playing lesser-known tracks by the artists that normally play on your station.

There is also a Mode for Newly Released which plays the newest music by the artists that inspire your station, if available.

For a complete description of each Pandora Mode, check out this help page article.

Hope we continue to see you around the community!

0 Kudos