cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Our Soundtrack" regenerates after deletion

iHatePlaylists
Local Performer

Permanently delete "our soundtrack" playlist

How do I permanently delete these playlists that keep regenerating themselves?

I have NO interest in playlists (they play in the same order, and are horrible in Android Auto), but I keep deleting them, and they keep coming back!

...about to just cancel my Premium Family account and go with some other service.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@iHatePlaylists You should be able to remove the Our Soundtrack playlist from your collection.

To delete that playlist from your Pandora app, go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to delete. This will bring you to your playlist settings.

Next, tap the Edit icon below the album art, scroll down and select Delete Playlist.*

To delete a playlist from our website, click the title of the playlist from the Now Playing or My Collection page. Then hover over the check mark below the album art and click Delete Playlist.*

*Please note that you won't be able to recover a deleted playlist on your end at this time. If you accidentally delete a playlist, let us know and we can help restore it for you.

If this doesn't help, can you please follow up with the make and model of the device you are using when the Our Soundtrack playlist recreates itself in your collection?

Thanks for your help with this. 

0 Kudos

iHatePlaylists
Local Performer

I have performed those actions MANY times, but the playlist keeps re-creating itself on what looks like a weekly basis.   I am deleting the playlist using Google Chrome on a desktop computer.  I believe your system keeps creating new playlists for me, and it's driving me crazy!  Playlists are broken in Android Auto, yet still appear at the top of the "station" list, which limits the amount of stations I can scroll through while using Android Auto.  Please change a setting on my account to disable all playlists, as they're nothing but a hindrance to myself and my wife.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@iHatePlaylists It sounds like you may need to check the bookmark that you use to access Pandora if that playlist gets recreated when logging into your account on a computer.

It should only be: https://www.pandora.com

If there is anything added onto to it (e.g., https://www.pandora.com/#/genres/top), then erase that. That is most likely the problem.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If this is not the case, can you please try reproducing this on your end once more for us?

Our engineers are interested in this, and would like for you to delete the playlist one more time, and then follow up with us on this thread as soon as you notice it regenerates in your collection.

Thanks for all your help with this!

0 Kudos

iHatePlaylists
Local Performer

I do not use bookmarks, I simply open a new tab and type pandora.com to go to the website.  There are no hashtags, subdirectories, scripts, key/value pairs, or flags being passed, and certainly not one to create your "Our Soundtrack" playlist.

0 Kudos

iHatePlaylists
Local Performer

I'm now being told, "'Our Soundtrack' is a regularly-updated playlist created just for your family that combines each person’s unique musical tastes.

As long as your family plan has at least two active Pandora accounts on it, this playlist will be added to your music collection automatically after a few days. Afterwards, it should be updated for you on a weekly basis."

This may explain why it's regenerating itself weekly.  Please help me disable this "service" and avoid playlists from appearing my my station list while in Android Auto.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@iHatePlaylists While that information is true, the playlist itself should not re-appear in your collection once it has been deleted.

I have escalated your report over to our engineers who are now actively looking into this.

Keep an eye out on this thread as I will be providing you with updates as I hear back from them with more information.

Thanks for your patience with this. 

0 Kudos

taka
Local Performer

This response is for IHatePlaylists concerning the problem of Pandora-generated "playlists" that won't go away.  I, too, had the same problem,  except that "my" playlists would come back in the very instant that I deleted them (i.e. I could not delete them at all, even briefly).  I finally opened the playlists, left swiped on each song, gave each song a thumbs down, then "un-collected" each playlist -- and finally these unwanted playlists went away.  This worked for me, and I hope it works for you,  too.  Best wishes. 

0 Kudos