cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting content from Recently Played list

jtix
Underground

I have a "new" collection that I never would have set even after a three-day drunk and I cannot delete it.  One:  How did this thing get in my collection?  Two:  How do I delete it?

I followed the instructions, but they do not work.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that, @jtix.

To clarify, that playlist isn't actually a part of your collection. However, I do see it is showing in your Recently Played list: 

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 6.30.40 AM.png

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to delete content showing in your Recently Played list. I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️if you'd like to see this option available: Clear Recently Played / Search History

In the meantime, as you continue to listen to other content on Pandora, that playlist will eventually disappear from view as it will get pushed down the list.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

45 Replies

@jtix when deleting a playlist you need to sign out then re-sign back in. I have tried just refreshing the page but that has never worked for me. So just sign completely out and then resign back in. I hope this helps. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jtix What is the name of the station that was added to your collection?

Also, can you please send me a screenshot of the station showing in your collection?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

jtix
Underground

None of your suggestions worked.  The answer may be right in front of me, but there is no delete option.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jtix What is the name of the station that was added to your collection?

Also, can you please send me a screenshot of the station showing in your collection that you are unable to remove?

Thanks again for working with me on this. 

0 Kudos

JennyMcManus
Local Performer

Recently played list shows albums that I find offensive and would never listen to. How do i delete them.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JennyMcManus Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Unfortunately, there isn't currently a way to delete your recently played history.

I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️if you'd like to see this option added to the service: Clear Recently Played / Search History

That being said, it sounds like you may have an unauthorized user on your account if you are seeing content in your recently played list that you never actually listened to yourself.

If you'd like, we can help secure your account by removing all device associations from your account. You can then log back into the devices you want to use.

Let me know if you'd like to proceed with this. 

jtix
Underground

Adam, I have sent you images and I have followed the directions.  I cannot delete that collection.  Is my account corrupt?  How high up do I go to get an answer?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jtix It doesn't look like you've attached any images or screenshots to this thread yet.

Can you please try sending those once more?

Additionally, what is the name of the station that was added to your collection?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

jtix
Underground

Thanks, but I tried that.  I am beginning to wonder if my account or collection is corrupted.

0 Kudos

jtix
Underground

I have sent you the name.  I have tried attaching an image, but this forum will not let me.  I am wondering if this forum requires the image to be saved first.  A bit barbaric, but okay.ForAdamPandora.JPG

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that, @jtix.

To clarify, that playlist isn't actually a part of your collection. However, I do see it is showing in your Recently Played list: 

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 6.30.40 AM.png

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to delete content showing in your Recently Played list. I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️if you'd like to see this option available: Clear Recently Played / Search History

In the meantime, as you continue to listen to other content on Pandora, that playlist will eventually disappear from view as it will get pushed down the list.

Hope this helps!

JennyMcManus
Local Performer

I keep getting lost in this thread. I would like for you to remove the device associations and let me sign in. Attached to my account I have an iPhone, iPad and 2 PC's, My car when I am driving, but I think it goes through my phone. I have changed my password to make it harder to steal hopefully. Some of the recently played have fallen off the list.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JennyMcManus I've removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

jtix
Underground

It is my understanding that removing a collection is impossible.  

Given that, what is causing these garbage collections to appear in my collection list?

I now have another one of these annoying things in my way.

What is causing this?

And please, try and get me an answer that works before my renewal date next week.  This extremely annoying inability to control my collection is making Spotify look good.

And please notice how long I have been a customer.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jtix It sounds like you may have an unauthorized user on your account if you are still seeing tracks in your Recently Played list that you didn't actually play yourself.

If you'd like, I can help secure your account by removing all devices that are currently logged in.

You can then sign back into the devices that you do want to use.

Let me know if you'd like to proceed with this.

0 Kudos

Wasasurfer
Local Performer

same here if I can't find out how ill stop my sub. and go to Spotify

0 Kudos

2cats
Local Performer

How do I remove recently played items? I just was curious about a song/album and now it's there and in the way of stuff i want to hear on a regular basis. thanks 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@2cats Unfortunately, there isn't a way to delete content showing in your Recently Played list. I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️if you'd like to see this option available: Clear Recently Played / Search History

Hope this helps!

user852
Local Performer

also xperiencing frustration cause i cant delete recently played.  pandora hard to navigate when driving and running.  also all my radio stations merge into same repeated music.  so annoying i want to jump ship. thoughts on pandora v spotify v amazon music?