cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting station does not remove tracks from My Thumbs Up playlist

WhyDoINeedThis1
Underground

I've been becoming more and more frustrated with the lack of variety that pandora has been showing me. I did some digging and decided to change the way I generate my stations. I was going to try switching from artist based radio to radio stations seeded with multiple songs I like for a feel/goal etc. 

The first step was to clean up all the old stations. Going through and removing all the thumbs up/down and deleting the station. I use thumbprint radio a lot - so I wanted to give it better data. This is where the issue started. I first tried this on windows but had to click multiple times to remove each song - it was so slow. Then I moved over to android and followed the directions here:

https://help.pandora.com/s/article/Thumbs-1519949305945?language=en_US#editst

I followed these steps followed by hitting delete station after each station was cleared out and had no likes. This was much faster. What the above directions didn't mention was the need to hit SAVE after clearing the thumbs up and down and before hitting delete. IF you just hit delete the thumb up/down removal is not saved. There is no warning, there is no prompt the station just goes away.

So that brings me to having deleted 10 very large stations with tons of likes with no way of knowing what they were to recreate them. 

Is there anyway to figure out what stations have thumbs up or down associated with them? Is there any course of remedy here? Basically my profile shows 800 thumbs up/down but I have 0 stations with thumbs up in my collection. I want to clear all of these out. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

WhyDoINeedThis1
Underground

@AdamPandora Yea that's exactly the problem. The issue is I followed the guide I posted and DELETED the stations after removing the likes but without hitting save. The thumbs up/down removal didn't save even though I did it.

I'm trying to figure out a way to either see what stations I've played in the past or what stations have likes associated with them. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WhyDoINeedThis1 Can you please send me a screenshot of where you are seeing 800 Thumbs Up?

I took a look at your profile and see there are only 62 (all of which were given on Thumbprint Radio):

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 10.41.49 AM.png

Thanks for working with me on this.

Please note: You won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments

0 Kudos

WhyDoINeedThis1
Underground

@AdamPandora 

The totals show differently on anything that actually uses the thumbs up to drive content. Such as the thumbprint radio and the thumbs up radio. The count on my profile is accurate. It's all the other "automated radio based around thumbs up" that's bad. Also by accurate I simply mean it's only counting likes from active stations. Deleted stations are not a part of this count.

The fact is that unless I can find those old stations I deleted these radio stations will never work as intended for me.thumb1.JPGthumb2.JPG

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WhyDoINeedThis1 Thanks for clearing that up with me.

To clarify, if you delete a station, the Thumbed Up tracks associated with that station do not get automatically removed from your My Thumbs Up playlist.

You will need to manually delete those tracks one at a time from the playlist.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to delete songs from your playlist: How to edit playlist

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

WhyDoINeedThis1
Underground

@AdamPandora Yea that's exactly the problem. The issue is I followed the guide I posted and DELETED the stations after removing the likes but without hitting save. The thumbs up/down removal didn't save even though I did it.

I'm trying to figure out a way to either see what stations I've played in the past or what stations have likes associated with them. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WhyDoINeedThis1 To clarify, deleting the Thumbs Up ratings from your stations will not result in them being removed from your My Thumbs Up playlist.

So if you were to re-create your deleted stations, and then go in and delete the Thumbs Up ratings in each station, they won't automatically be removed from your My Thumbs Up playlist.

This being said, I'm happy to help restore all of your deleted stations for you if you'd like to take a look.

Let me know if you'd like me to add them back to your collection.

0 Kudos