cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing downloaded playlists offline to an external speaker

JBDavida
Local Performer

I am planning my father's 90th Birthday party!! I created an awesome playlist for him and I just had a worrisome thought.... I am not sure how good the connection will be at the venue site. 

Can you listen to a downloaded playlist using the app on my phone on an external speaker when offline? 

Thanks

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

JBDavida
Local Performer

AylssaPandora, Thank you for the quick reply and assistance!!! The party was a huge success, Dad was touched by the slideshow and loved the Playlist we put together for him.  At 90.... he even danced a few songs with his girlfriend of 38 years. Thanks Pandora for helping to create a magical night!! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @JBDavida. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. What a wonderful occasion! 

The short answer to your question is yes, you should be able to connect to the external speaker as long as you have Bluetooth enabled on both devices. I would recommend testing the WiFi and connecting to the speakers before the party starts if you're able to. 

I tested this from my iPhone (while in Offline Mode) to my Samsung TV using the AirPlay feature (small casting icon in the lower right hand bottom corner). 

img_2417.png

Downloading Content for Offline Listening:

I would recommend downloading the playlist beforehand.

• Your three most popular stations (along with Thumbprint Radio) will automatically download for you to access in Offline Mode. If you have not yet added Thumbprint Radio, please let me know.

• As a Pandora Premium subscriber, if you'd like to download content for offline listening, you can tap the icon with the arrow pointing downward. This can be found on station, album and playlist pages, or, to download a track, tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen. Keep in mind, this button will only appear for eligible tracks.

• If you change your mind during any point of the downloading process, simply tap the download button again, and we'll stop and delete any downloaded content.

• If you lose connection while downloading, we'll save your spot with your partially downloaded playlists, albums and stations. The next time you gain a signal, we'll attempt to complete the download process for you.

Hope this 90th birthday celebration is very special for your father. Enjoy the party and the tunes! 🎉

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

JBDavida
Local Performer

AylssaPandora, Thank you for the quick reply and assistance!!! The party was a huge success, Dad was touched by the slideshow and loved the Playlist we put together for him.  At 90.... he even danced a few songs with his girlfriend of 38 years. Thanks Pandora for helping to create a magical night!!