cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do shared playlists manually update?

LOCnessMOMster
Local Performer

hi everyone.  hope you can answer my question about plalists:

if I have just shared my personal playlist with a friend, do they get the updated version of it as I delete and add to it?  Or, do I have to resend them the playlist from time to time so they have the latest version? 

TIA

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@LOCnessMOMster I hope this helps.

Sharing a Playlist: You can share a playlist with another listener regardless of their subscription level. However, there’s an important step: Make sure your Pandora profile is set to Public (rather than Private) before sharing the playlist

If your profile is public, Pandora will also share it with your followers’ music feeds. When you share a playlist with someone, they receive a static snapshot of the playlist at the time of sharing. Any changes you make to the playlist (adding or removing songs) won’t automatically reflect in their version of the playlist.

Updates and Resharing: To keep your friend updated with the latest version of your playlist, you’ll need to manually resend the playlist or let them know about any changes. If you add or remove songs from the playlist, they won’t see those changes unless you reshare the updated playlist. Shared Stations: Shared stations are stations created by other Pandora listeners. If you share a station with someone, all of your Thumbs feedback and updates for that station will carry over to their account. If they give a Thumbs Up or Down to a song, they can choose to make the station their own, but your original station won’t be modified. Remember, if you want your friend to always have the latest version of your playlist, consider resharing it whenever you make changes!

Have a great Thursday...Take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

View solution in original post

1 Reply

@LOCnessMOMster I hope this helps.

Sharing a Playlist: You can share a playlist with another listener regardless of their subscription level. However, there’s an important step: Make sure your Pandora profile is set to Public (rather than Private) before sharing the playlist

If your profile is public, Pandora will also share it with your followers’ music feeds. When you share a playlist with someone, they receive a static snapshot of the playlist at the time of sharing. Any changes you make to the playlist (adding or removing songs) won’t automatically reflect in their version of the playlist.

Updates and Resharing: To keep your friend updated with the latest version of your playlist, you’ll need to manually resend the playlist or let them know about any changes. If you add or remove songs from the playlist, they won’t see those changes unless you reshare the updated playlist. Shared Stations: Shared stations are stations created by other Pandora listeners. If you share a station with someone, all of your Thumbs feedback and updates for that station will carry over to their account. If they give a Thumbs Up or Down to a song, they can choose to make the station their own, but your original station won’t be modified. Remember, if you want your friend to always have the latest version of your playlist, consider resharing it whenever you make changes!

Have a great Thursday...Take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska