cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does deleting a song from your "liked" playlist remove the like from that station?

mrkyle5845
Local Performer

Okay, sorry for the long-ish post but I wanted to be clear what my purpose is in case there's a better solutions I'm not thinking of.  🙂

I use Spotify typically for listening to music, but their radio options suck horribly, so I pay for a Pandora subscription as well.  My ultimate goal is to user Pandora to discover music that I'll then put into my Spotify playlists.  

To do this, I've been giving thumbs up to music I like to create those thumbs up playlists.  However, I don't want to have to try to guess what ones I've already listened to again and added to Spotify, so I'd like to clear a 'liked songs' playlist after I go through it on spotify.  I don't however, want to remove any progress I've made on fine tuning the station.

So my question in the subject line.  Does deleting one of those songs from a stations "liked songs" playlist, also remove that thumbs up from the station?

Secondary question:  Is anyone smarter than me and can think of a better way to accomplish this?  🙂

Thanks all! 😄

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @mrkyle5845! 👋🏻

Thanks for posting to community!

To answer your question, if you remove a song from a playlist it won't effect the thumb on the station. 

For example, for your 'My Thumbs Up' playlist, if you remove 'Forget' by Shallou, this will not effect the thumbs up on the station. 

Hope that helped answer your question. 

Just out of curiosity, I see that you're a Premium subscriber, which gives you the option to create custom playlists. Is there a reason you'd prefer not to create your own playlists with Pandora?

As for a better solution, I'm honestly not sure. I haven't tried this myself, but I'm hoping someone in the Pandora community may have and will help. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. Enjoy the tunes! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @mrkyle5845! 👋🏻

Thanks for posting to community!

To answer your question, if you remove a song from a playlist it won't effect the thumb on the station. 

For example, for your 'My Thumbs Up' playlist, if you remove 'Forget' by Shallou, this will not effect the thumbs up on the station. 

Hope that helped answer your question. 

Just out of curiosity, I see that you're a Premium subscriber, which gives you the option to create custom playlists. Is there a reason you'd prefer not to create your own playlists with Pandora?

As for a better solution, I'm honestly not sure. I haven't tried this myself, but I'm hoping someone in the Pandora community may have and will help. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. Enjoy the tunes! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mrkyle5845
Local Performer

Thanks for the reply!  That does answer my question, thanks!

Honestly the main reason I don't want to fully switch is threefold.  1. I like the UI better with Spotify than with Pandora.  2. I absolutely hate the fact that you can't skip around inside of a song even with premium.  That seems crazy to me but I'm sure there's a good reason for this haha.  3. I've already got over 10,000 songs in sorted playlists on Spotify, so swapping would be a gigantic pain to get those playlists transferred over.  I don't fancy the idea of searching song by song and adding 10,000 songs one by one haha.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos