cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explicit content still playing on playlists

watkinscr3
Local Performer

Hi, I have a Post Malone Radio that filters explicit content fine except for Jacin by Jacin Trill and $hirak. Pandora created a Post Malone Thumbs up playlist which I like, the problem is all the songs are explicit versions. I double checked my settings and I still have explicit content set to off. Any way to correct this? Thanks for the help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@watkinscr3 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

The explicit filter will only apply to songs that play on your stations; it doesn't apply to playlists you create, or those created for you by Pandora (ex: your Post Malone Thumbs Up playlist). Also, It doesn't apply to podcasts.

When you're curating playlists or searching for podcasts, you can identify explicit tracks by a red "E" label. To keep explicit songs or podcasts from your collection, avoid adding those with that label.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to delete songs from playlists created by Pandora. However, you could copy those playlists into a new playlist, and then remove any explicit tracks.

To do that, open the playlist you'd like to edit, tap More (represented by three dots) then select Add to Playlist. From there you can create a new playlist or add it to an existing one. Finally, open your new playlist and select Edit.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

watkinscr3
Local Performer

Thanks for the clarification, would be nice if they added that capability to playlists.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@watkinscr3 Always happy to help!

If you'd like to see that functionality added to playlists, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here

I'm sure this is something other users would be interested in seeing as well.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 😎

0 Kudos