cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter search to not include premium selections

BobbyP
Underground

I like to search for a genre, artist, or song.  Select it then create a station around it.

Recent change to Pandora makes that difficult to do, because results that come up require me to watch an advertisement and after watching and listening I don't see the option to create a station and from then on watch ad-free.

I pay for an annual membership, and do not want ads.

How do I filter out the premium selections from my search?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @BobbyP

Based on your post, it sounds like you're currently upgraded to an annual Pandora Plus subscription directly through our website. You'll be prompted to interact with an advertisement if you attempt to listen to content on-demand. 

Here's how to create a station without enabling a complimentary session of Premium.

You can also find out more about how Pandora Premium sessions work in this article.

Hope this information helps!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BobbyP Thanks for your feedback.

Please keep in mind, the search results are not Premium or non-Premium specific.

If you want to listen to a track on-demand / right away, you can search for a song or album and press play. If you're not a Premium subscriber, you'll be asked to watch a short video advertisement before you start listening on-demand.

You can simply create a station based on an artist / track without initiating a complimentary session of Premium. The option for a session of Premium only appears when you attempt to listen to content on-demand as a free or Plus subscriber. 

Hope this helps clarify!

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

View solution in original post

8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @BobbyP

Based on your post, it sounds like you're currently upgraded to an annual Pandora Plus subscription directly through our website. You'll be prompted to interact with an advertisement if you attempt to listen to content on-demand. 

Here's how to create a station without enabling a complimentary session of Premium.

You can also find out more about how Pandora Premium sessions work in this article.

Hope this information helps!

smithtjx
Local Performer

I am subscribed to Pandora Plus. I have enjoyed my subscription for several years. Recently I performed a search for "Movie Scores". I found a station and clicked on it. A screen appeared that prompted me to listen to an AD before being able to listen to the station. I am paying for AD FREE Pandora. If this new change remains, I will cancel my Pandora subscription.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@smithtjx Nice to see you around the community.

@AlyssaPandora provided some helpful information in her message above regarding why you are getting prompted to watch an ad. She also provided a link to our help page article detailing steps on how to create a station without being prompted to watch an ad.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

BobbyP
Underground

Hello AllysaPandora,

The reason your solution "Here's how to create a station without enabling a complimentary session of Premium." does not work is because it does not show how to filter out premium stations in song, artist, or genre searches.  When search results come in, I do not see a way to discern the premium from the non-premium results.

No problem, there are many web-radio options other than Pandora now.

Cheers,

Bobby P.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BobbyP Thanks for your feedback.

Please keep in mind, the search results are not Premium or non-Premium specific.

If you want to listen to a track on-demand / right away, you can search for a song or album and press play. If you're not a Premium subscriber, you'll be asked to watch a short video advertisement before you start listening on-demand.

You can simply create a station based on an artist / track without initiating a complimentary session of Premium. The option for a session of Premium only appears when you attempt to listen to content on-demand as a free or Plus subscriber. 

Hope this helps clarify!

jasperroymartin
Local Performer

Can't Add new stations without joining Premium

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jasperroymartin I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for the linked instructions on how you can create stations without having to enable free sessions of Pandora Premium. 

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

BobbyP
Underground

The key was to select "Start Station"

Thank you!

Bobby P.