cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleetwood Mac on Deep Cuts

gkjapo
Underground

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.  When I play my Fleetwood Mac station with the Deep Cuts setting, Fleetwood Mac never actually plays.  I can go 2 hours and never does a Fleetwood Mac song show up.  The station is good even without them, but I am just wondering why Fleetwood Mac never plays.  Licensing rights? Algorithm?  Something else?

Thanks

G

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@landshark16 I wanted to follow up with you on this.

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the artist that you've seeded a station with when listening in Deep Cuts Mode, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

That said, you should be able to use the Artist Only Mode, which will play only tracks from the artist headlining your station (unless you've added variety to your station, in which case it will play tracks from those artists as well).

Please keep in mind that Artist Only mode will only exist on relevant stations.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks so much for listening to Pandora!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

@gkjapo I will be checking that out myself now that you have mentioned it. Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

@gkjapo I switched to deep cuts on my Jewel Station and the second song that came up is a Jewel song, so I will try it on Fleetwood Mac and see if I get the same results as you. I will reply back to let you know what my results are. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

@gkjapo so far 27 songs and no Fleetwood Mac songs, so I would have to agree with you. I'm not sure as to why, but the results are different on my Jewel station, I'm also going to be checking my other stations and see what the results are for those as well. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

gkjapo
Underground

It's funny that it is only FM that does this.  I have others like Tom Petty, Alan Parsons, Genesis, and they all play the primary group about every 3 or 4 songs.  Less after time but that's OK.  FM will play Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham in the mix.  Same with something like Genesis which plays Phil Collins or Peter Gabriel.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for testing that out, @MOHLovesAlaska.

@gkjapo I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, can you please try streaming your Fleetwood Mac Radio station in Deep Cuts Mode once more?

Try and keep a rough count of how many tracks you play before anything by Fleetwood Mac actually plays.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

gkjapo
Underground

So I played the FM Radio on Deep Cuts for about 75 minutes this morning.  No FM played at all.  1 Stevie Nicks song.  The mix that comes up is great and varied.  But no FM.  BTW, I use the Free Ad supported version of Pandora.  I looked for settings for the Stations but don't see much.  I am using an iPhone 11 and keep all the apps and OS up to date.

The songs that played in reverse order are:

Dire Straits - In the Gallery

Bob Seger & TSBB - House Behind a House

Bruce Springsteen - I Wish I Were Blind

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Every Mother's Son

Jackson Browne - You Know The Night

Stevie Nicks - Rose Garden

Steely Dan - Show Biz Kids

The Marshall Tucker Band - Am I The Kind Of Man

America - From A Moving Train

Tom Petty & TH - Letting You Go

Led Zeppelin - Sick Again

Pink Floyd - Coming Back To Life

Bruce Springsteen - Local Hero

Steely Dan - Razor Boy

Eagles - Busy Being Fabulous

Tom Petty & TH - Counting On You

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gkjapo @MOHLovesAlaska I have created a ticket with our engineering team so they can help look into this further.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. 🤝

landshark16
Underground

I have been listening to the Mott the Hoople station and I'm having the same issue. 29 songs and not one MTH song. I like that I hear deep cuts from other bands and singers, but I really want to hear more of the MTH deep cuts and not the associated bands/singers. Thanks, 

Andy

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@landshark16 I have created a ticket with our engineering team so they can help look into this further.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@landshark16 I wanted to follow up with you on this.

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the artist that you've seeded a station with when listening in Deep Cuts Mode, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

That said, you should be able to use the Artist Only Mode, which will play only tracks from the artist headlining your station (unless you've added variety to your station, in which case it will play tracks from those artists as well).

Please keep in mind that Artist Only mode will only exist on relevant stations.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks so much for listening to Pandora!

0 Kudos

landshark16
Underground

I guess what I don't understand is that if you have a Deep Cuts choice on these stations, why isn't Pandora set up to play deep cuts on that artist's station?  I don't want to hear only that artist but I want to hear deep cuts from that artist and artists like that one. I mean it only makes sense to me that if you offer deep cuts on an artist's station, the algorithm that you use would automatically play that artist, right?

0 Kudos

ktorster
On the Rise

So I’m noticing I’m having the same issue on deep cuts mode for the Thompson Twins. Lots of good music but not a single Thompson Twins song in like 2 hours now. 

0 Kudos