cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hair bands algorithm

Rdmatey
Local Performer

Just a mention...although I like bands like Journey, Bonjovi, **ahem** Yankees...I think the Algorithms for Hair Bands kind of suck... It doesn't play much bands like Motley Crue, Poison, Ratt, Cinderella, Skid Row, Warrant, Dokken, Judas Priest, Slaughter, Vixen, Brittany Fox, Guns and Roses, Tesla, Dio, Scorpions Firehouse, White Lion...well you get the picture...I decided to go with LiveXLive Premium instead...their Algorithms are spot on. Maybe if you change things I might come back to Pandora for an alternative...just saying. Thanks

mod edit: personal information & edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Rdmatey!

Thanks so much for your feedback about this, and for your post.

Genre stations, such as "Hair Bands Radio", are stations created and curated by Pandora, and they often include more mainstream artists and songs.

As an alternative, we recommend creating your own station, using an artist or song that you think best represents a particular genre. Then use Thumbs to help guide the station you are trying to create.

Additionally, you may Add Variety to the station you create, in order to include other artists or songs you'd like to influence your station.

Keep in mind, each seed you add will inspire hundreds of other songs, so a little variety goes a long way. If you don't like the direction your station is headed, you can always edit your station seeds and Thumbs through the Station Details.

++

That said, when you're listening from a computer or mobile device you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

You can find out more about modes here.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

cherylstone_sc
Underground

You should create your own playlist with one of your top artists like "Dio" and then add variety by adding other artists (Queensryche, Dream Theater, Overkill, Savatage, Triumph, Kix, etc) or specific songs. Be sure to "thumb up" or "thumb down" tracks that come up so the system will get to know what you like. I have been listening to Pandora since the beginning and have found it is one of the few places that I can stream all day and very rarely do I hear a song that I don't like.  I absolutely LOVE the new features that allow you to hear "Deep Cuts" & "New Releases". My playlists were starting to sound a little stale and now I have a bunch of new songs from artists I love! I tend to stay away from the top charting acts (no VH, Journey or Boston on my lists!) but if you want to check out my 80's Metal station:  https://pandora.app.link/kEVjlufei4

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Rdmatey!

Thanks so much for your feedback about this, and for your post.

Genre stations, such as "Hair Bands Radio", are stations created and curated by Pandora, and they often include more mainstream artists and songs.

As an alternative, we recommend creating your own station, using an artist or song that you think best represents a particular genre. Then use Thumbs to help guide the station you are trying to create.

Additionally, you may Add Variety to the station you create, in order to include other artists or songs you'd like to influence your station.

Keep in mind, each seed you add will inspire hundreds of other songs, so a little variety goes a long way. If you don't like the direction your station is headed, you can always edit your station seeds and Thumbs through the Station Details.

++

That said, when you're listening from a computer or mobile device you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

You can find out more about modes here.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

cherylstone_sc
Underground

You should create your own playlist with one of your top artists like "Dio" and then add variety by adding other artists (Queensryche, Dream Theater, Overkill, Savatage, Triumph, Kix, etc) or specific songs. Be sure to "thumb up" or "thumb down" tracks that come up so the system will get to know what you like. I have been listening to Pandora since the beginning and have found it is one of the few places that I can stream all day and very rarely do I hear a song that I don't like.  I absolutely LOVE the new features that allow you to hear "Deep Cuts" & "New Releases". My playlists were starting to sound a little stale and now I have a bunch of new songs from artists I love! I tend to stay away from the top charting acts (no VH, Journey or Boston on my lists!) but if you want to check out my 80's Metal station:  https://pandora.app.link/kEVjlufei4

0 Kudos