cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

Martha-bun
Underground

I don't know if there's a newer version of this topic... The songs bleeding over to other stations is happening to me. Like another user, I'm thinking about canceling my subscription. Frank Sinatra & Benny Goodman show up on my Three Dog Night. Lots of bleeding between all of mine. I'm afraid to hit thumbs down in case it removes the song from the correct station.

Another problem is, I'm getting head-banging heavy metal, which I keep deleting, but it keeps showing up. Not good when you're playing the station for a bunch of people! It's offensive. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Martha-bun I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time a heavy metal track plays on one of your stations, please give it a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Martha-bun
Underground

I *did* take the time to respond. Took a bunch of screenshots & noted what played & when. No response back to me.

NO! I have premium. No commercials, & no difference. Stations bleed.

And, I keep hitting thumbs-down every time Ill Repute comes on, & it keeps coming on.

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Martha-bun I moved your new message back to the original post you created: Hearing out of place tracks on station

While I do not see any follow up screenshots from you after sending my reply back in March, I do see you mentioned the artist Ill Repute continues to play on your station despite thumbing down all of their tracks.

After reviewing your account, I can see the last track by that artist played on your Three Dog Night Radio station.

I can also see the out of place tracks are being pulled from an additional seed that you've added: Cherokee Nation by Ill Repute.

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional seed that you added to your station: 

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 8.13.56 AM.png

You can delete the bad seed by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

eff-ewe
Underground

Country in my ambient station, ambient in my country station

I have an ambient station. It it seeded with only ambient music (thumbs-ups are only ambient as well):

nothing but ambient.jpg

Several times today it has played country songs (and religious country songs, which is particularly odd because I don't like religious music):

country on ambient station.jpgmore country.jpg

This is occurring the other way as well, I keep getting ambient tracks in my other stations for music with lyrics. Why is this happening?

I switched from Discovery mode to My Station, but shortly after got more religious music with lyrics.

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eff-ewe Thank you for reporting this.

I do see some out of place tracks were getting recommended on your Brian Eno Radio station.

We made a small change which should now resolve that issue you are having with that particular station.

You also mentioned you are receiving ambient music on another one of your stations.

The next time that happens, please give the track a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

eff-ewe
Underground

Thank you!