cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do thumb ratings work?

isupreme
Underground

When i thumbs up a song, does it encourage it's placement on other channels?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
26 Replies

SteveO-59
Local Performer

Does a Thumbs up or down affect a station or my overall music likes?

I have a station called Eagles Radio, but it often plays John Denver and other artists that I don't want to hear when I'm looking for Eagles Radio.  I don't want to Thumbs down John Denver songs because I also have a John Denver Radio for when I'm in a John Denver mood.  That said, I want to stop my Eagles Radio from playing a bunch of songs and artists that I don't want there, but don't want those thumbs affecting other radio stations.  How does this work? 

Overall, MOST of my stations have gone way too diversified in what they offer, and I'd like to narrow the focus of each station to be better aligned with my target (e.g., Eagles OR John Denver, not Eagles AND John Denver).

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SteveO-59 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How do thumb ratings work?

Thumbs are station specific: rating a song with a Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

Check out the accepted solution for more information on how this works.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

0 Kudos

Stelcom66
Opening Act

Will a Thumbs Up register in just the playlist where it was done? Or will that song be considered a Thumbs Up in all of my playlists?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Stelcom66 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How do thumb ratings work?

Thumbs are station specific: rating a song with a Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

Hope this helps!

BenK3L3VR4
Underground

Ok, here's my question, when did you make the thumbs up and down relatively useless to the free product consumer?

I've spent hours with your algorithm trying to cultivate a channel to a specific genre of music and keep having to watch adds to thumbs down the same types of music for hours.

So, like, follow up question?

If the free version is only going to become more cumbersome, where is the incentive to pay for a slightly less crummy version of the same math?

0 Kudos

SPE_Digit
Local Performer

Are songs down voted while playing an artist deep cuts Playlist a random song appears i don't want (like the song, just not in this playlist).  If I down vote it will still be available in other playlists?  Or is it blacklisted for good?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SPE_Digit I moved your post over to this existing thread: How do thumb ratings work?

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos