Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jacob123. 👋

I moved your post over to the My Collection section to keep the community space organized.

To disable Artist or Discovery Messaging on a mobile device:

1. Go the the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  2. Tap on the Settings gear in the top right hand corner and then Advanced.
  3. If they are enabled, you will see something like Playing on 15 Stations. Tap that to view which stations have these messages enabled.
  4. If there's a particular artist you'd like to continue to hear from, or who you think you might like to see in concert, I'd recommend disabling the artist messages on a station-by-station basis. If you'd prefer to remove all the messages instead, simply turn off the Play Artist Audio Messages toggle.

++

To do that on the web:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings and then Content Settings.
  3. From here you can use the toggle for Artist Audio Messages to turn them off completely, or you can select Show Stations to enable or disable the messages on a station-by-station basis.

Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions. Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jacob123. 👋

I moved your post over to the My Collection section to keep the community space organized.

To disable Artist or Discovery Messaging on a mobile device:

1. Go the the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  2. Tap on the Settings gear in the top right hand corner and then Advanced.
  3. If they are enabled, you will see something like Playing on 15 Stations. Tap that to view which stations have these messages enabled.
  4. If there's a particular artist you'd like to continue to hear from, or who you think you might like to see in concert, I'd recommend disabling the artist messages on a station-by-station basis. If you'd prefer to remove all the messages instead, simply turn off the Play Artist Audio Messages toggle.

++

To do that on the web:

2. Select Settings and then Content Settings.
  3. From here you can use the toggle for Artist Audio Messages to turn them off completely, or you can select Show Stations to enable or disable the messages on a station-by-station basis.

Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions. Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

dincheme
Local Performer

Hey Pandora,

Is there anyway I can direct my ads a bit better? I'm happy to have ads, but they're commonly **ahem**ty rap ads, which I avoid like the plague. I don't listen to stations like that, so I don't know why those artists are chosen as my ads. I would love ads for the musicians I actually listen to.... or you know, product ads. I swear if I hear one more ad with a rap demo, I'm going to bash my skull against the wall.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dincheme I moved your post over to this thread to keep the Community organized: How to Enable / Disable Artist Messages

The announcements you heard are not advertisements by Pandora. Instead, these are messages made by artists or curators on Pandora, alerting you of new music, tours in your area, or just thanking you for listening. You have the option of disabling Artist or Discovery Messages to prevent them from playing on your account.

To do that on a mobile device:

1. Go to Profile.
  2. Tap the Settings gear in the top right corner and then Advanced.
  3. Scroll down to Artist Audio Messages. If they are enabled, you will see something like Playing on 15 Stations. Tap that to view which stations have these messages enabled.
  4. If there's a particular artist you'd like to continue to hear from, or who you think you might like to see in concert, I'd recommend disabling the artist messages on a station-by-station basis. If you'd prefer to remove all the messages instead, simply turn off the Play Artist Audio Messages toggle.

To do that from your computer:

2. Select Settings, then Content Settings.
  3. Toggle the switch to turn Artist Audio Messages Off, or if you'd like to disable these messages for specific stations, uncheck individual boxes underneath Play Artist Audio Messages.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

dincheme
Local Performer

Ah, you see, the issue is that this is happening when my artist messages setting is turned off. It's behaving like an ad, nor an artist message. Either that, or your notification setting is just for show and doesn't actually stop them.

Is there anyway to get the rap ads to stop specifically? They most certainly have no reason to be listed as my "favorite artists". It would be fine if the messages were from the people my stations are based on. But they're not. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dincheme Would it be possible to send me a screenshot of what you are seeing the next time one of those messages play?

I'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

dincheme
Local Performer

dincheme_0-1605906368776.png

It's these "tap to listen" ads. Would be great if they were for performers that more matched my listening history. But they're usually quite the opposite.

0 Kudos