cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Shuffle Stations

mjmchang
Local Performer

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to shuffle my collection/stations! The old pandora version had the "Shuffle: option, but not it does not, both desktop and mobile version!

I only have the option of selecting a certain station in my collection but not shuffling all the songs in all my collections! This is so annoying, please bring back the old version and allow shuffling.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
91 Replies

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough
THAT. IS. HORRIFYING. 
~ Sc'Ericstate college, pa
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ithinktfiam Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

0 Kudos

2Nifty4u
Local Performer

when I was using a Samsung Galaxy I was able to change out my shuffle artists. Now that I’m using an IPhone I can’t do that.

Is there a reason why or is there another way to select genre’s and keep my changed?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@2Nifty4u You should be able to edit your shuffle selections.

To edit which stations are played during Shuffle on your iPhone:

• Go to My Collection.
    • Free and Pandora Plus listeners, swipe the Shuffle Stations icon bar at the top of your stations list from right to left. Then tap the Pencil that appears.

There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle by Station or Genre. Tap Save on the top right corner of your screen when done.

If you are unable to do this, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

ithinktfiam
Underground

@AdamPandora No, it's a popup that disappears when I try to use the snipping tool. I tried before my last posting. It shouldn't be that hard to recreate on W10 & Firefox

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ithinktfiam I was unable to reproduce this on my end.

I launched your account, and was able to shuffle your stations directly from the Now Playing screen, as well as when sorting your collection by Stations

Screen Shot 2021-12-19 at 9.28.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-19 at 9.28.42 AM.png

You mentioned you are seeing a pop up when you try and shuffle your stations - does an error message appear?

If so, what does it say?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

ithinktfiam
Underground
I explained the problem, but you seem to not get it. I gave you the names of the two options that show up when I click Shuffle. I pointed to the fact that the Custom option does nothing when it used to bring up a list to select which of my channels are in the shuffle. Repeatedly asking the same question doesn't change the answer.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ithinktfiam This is where a screenshot would be very helpful as I haven't been able to reproduce that on my end.

As you can see in my screenshots above, clicking on custom shuffle does bring up your list of 5 stations. In my screenshot, you can see that 4 out of the 5 are currently selected.

If you'd like further assistance with this, please send over that screenshot of what you see after clicking on Custom, and I'll be happy to take a closer look.

0 Kudos

ScoopDenver
Local Performer

I have approximately 8 stations that I always shuffle.  That option isn't there anymore?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ScoopDenver I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to Shuffle Stations

Since you are upgraded to Pandora Premium, you can shuffle your stations with the following steps:

1. Go to My Collection
  2.  Sort the collection by Stations
  3. Select Shuffle Stations at the top of the screen

If you do not have this option, can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

That there are vastly different steps to get there between OSs is highly indicative of the disjointed nature of what's going on in Pandora's backend programming.  Good lord! 

The screen where the user can see all the stations--like in the Android version--should be where the shuffle feature is visible to all users, across all platforms.  Jumping from screen to screen (and then to sub-screens) is crazy-talk.  

0 Kudos

Chef65
Local Performer

Why is no shuffle for my collection, and can I shuffle my collection

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chef65 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to Shuffle Stations

Since you are upgraded to Pandora Premium, you can shuffle your stations with the following steps:

1. Go to My Collection
  2.  Sort the collection by Stations
  3. Select Shuffle Stations at the top of the screen

If you do not have this option, can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

alicea8376
Local Performer

I know we can listen to our collections in shuffle mode. Can we combine certain artists to shuffle their music together?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alicea8376 Yes - if you customize your shuffle selections, and only include specific artist stations to be shuffled, you should be able to accomplish that.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to create a custom shuffle mix: How to Shuffle Stations

Hope this helps!

Russellohiggins
Local Performer

I want to have 2 radio stations mixed. Example christmas radio and bb king radio. Have the 2 stations randomly shuffle between each other.

@Russellohiggins that can be done, I have a Jewel station that I add songs to that are not within her genre of music. So I'm sure you can do the same with what you want.

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Russellohiggins I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to Shuffle Stations

You do have the ability to customize your shuffle settings where you can pick and choose which stations to include.

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to do so. (make sure to follow the instructions for Premium users since you are upgraded to Pandora Premium)

Hope this helps!

Tbergin
Local Performer

I am unable to pick certain stations to shuffle? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tbergin You should be able to shuffle your stations.

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to do so.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos