cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block an artist

Aolson
Local Performer

I have looked everywhere on this ducking app and I cant find how to block Kane Brown. His music sounds like two cats fornicating in a dumpster and I'd like it to stop. What am i even paying for anyways? If I wanted to listen to feces I'd turn on the news...

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aolson Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

While we do not offer an option to prevent an artist from playing on your account or specific stations, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added to the service. 

In the meantime, if you give consistent Thumbs-down to an artist on a given station, Pandora should learn to stop playing that artist on that station.

Of course, if you have added this artist or one of their songs as a seed on that station, or ever Thumbed them up on that station, you would have to remove these seeds or Thumbs first.

Hope this helps! 😎

View solution in original post

41 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aolson Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

While we do not offer an option to prevent an artist from playing on your account or specific stations, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added to the service. 

In the meantime, if you give consistent Thumbs-down to an artist on a given station, Pandora should learn to stop playing that artist on that station.

Of course, if you have added this artist or one of their songs as a seed on that station, or ever Thumbed them up on that station, you would have to remove these seeds or Thumbs first.

Hope this helps! 😎

apeters324
Underground

The giving thumbs down does not work for me and Pandora consistently pushes artists like Camilla Cabello, The Weekend, Drake and others I do not wish to hear from even though I have voted down all of their songs multiple times on multiple channels. I also have the issue that Pandora will play songs that I have already given a thumbs down to because it only recognizes I dislike songs to individual stations not across the platform.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@apeters324 Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Community.

Blocking an artist from your stations:

It's true that there is not currently an immediate way to prevent certain artists from playing on your stations.

If you haven't yet already, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service: Blocking/Muting Certain Artists / Song Selection Rules

Thumbs aren't recognized across platform:

Thumbs are station specific, so please feel free to Thumb Up and Thumb Down accordingly. Giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

So continue to thumb down each artist you don't want to play on all stations they play on. Over time, Pandora will learn to play less of their music, and more of the music you actually want to hear.

Hope this helps! 😁

ewynne73
Underground

Hi all,

I've got a question about stations on Pandora.  Currently, I'm listening to Clutch Radio and have been doing the 'thumbs up' or 'thumbs down' routine on songs that I like or dislike.  I'm wondering, is there a way to tell Pandora to not play specific artists on a particular station?  Example...On my Clutch Station, I've been hitting 'thumbs down' on Slayer, Pantera, Motorhead, etc...and it would be nice to just tell Pandora to not play their music on that station.  I like those artists, but don't want them played on that station.  Thanks for any information provided.

ewynne73 if you see a post with the names. ErickPandora, AdamPandora, AlyssaPandora, and TannerPandora, just click on their name, it will take you to their profile, from there you can private message them with any issues, or questions you may have. I hope this was of some help for ya. Take care and stay safe. I hope your problem get's solved for you.   

MOHLovesAlaska

ewynne73
Underground

mohempstead, thank you very much for your reply!!  I'll give it a shot.  I hope you're staying safe and doing well, too.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ewynne73 I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question: How to block an artist

@MOHLovesAlaska is absolutely right - if you ever have any questions, you may find the solution to your issue in one of the support spaces - if not, you can also create a new thread where you can receive assistance from myself or someone else on the Pandora Moderation team.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information on what you can do to prevent an artist from playing on your station.

Hope this helps! 😁

ewynne73
Underground

@AdamPandora thanks for taking the time to respond.  I'll keep hitting thumbs down.  Even if Pandora doesn't learn that I don't want to hear a specific artist on a station, I'll eventually run out of songs by those artists. 😋

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ewynne73 Always happy to help! 

Enjoy the music! 😎

bassofgrace
Local Performer

On my Bjork radio station I have thumbed down Radiohead  between 10- 15 times, NO JOKE! No mater how many times I thumb them down they keep popping up.  How is this possible? 

I used to think they were ok but now I've been beaten over the head with them and just want them to stop appearing on the station all together.  All the other bands I thumb up or down seem to react accordingly except for Radiohead.

Is there a way to just cancel a certain band from appearing on one station or did I just stumble upon the great Radiohead/Pandora propaganda conspiracy!?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bassofgrace I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar request: How to block an artist

While we do not offer an option to prevent an artist from playing on your account or specific stations, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service: Blocking/Muting Certain Artists / Song Selection Rules

In the meantime, continue to give any tracks by Radiohead a Thumbs-down on your Björk station, and Pandora should learn to stop playing that artist on that station over time.

Hope this helps! 🤝

0 Kudos

jjman
Local Performer

Hi Adam,  is there any update to being able to ban an artist?

It's unreasonable that Pandora forces me to support artists that are known pedophiles and rapist like R. Kelly and Cardi B without any way to prevent it. I do not want to hear 100% of their music.  Period.  The whole, "just down vote them for a while and they will go away." solution is not sufficient.  

If you guys are never going to do anything to correct this problem, please have whoever is in  charge of this decision provide the moral justification for it in the response.

If it is a cost issue, your CEO, Roger Lynch made $12.7 million last year.  Cut him down to $12 million and crank it out with the remaining $700k. Hell, I have 20 years of dev with the last 10 in Java.  I'll do it for you in 6 months for $500k and then he can get $12.2.   DM me a repo login. 

Thank you,
-Jon

Vbressler1
Local Performer

I put on jagged edge radio and your playing rhianna... first I don't like Rhianna and 2nd thats far far far from the 90s group r n b

Why? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vbressler1 Pandora tries to improve the chances that you will enjoy every song that plays. It does this by using a combination of the detailed information in the Music Genome Project, the station seeds and Thumbs feedback you have given, and feedback given by other listeners under similar conditions.

We hope that the music Pandora plays will be just what you wanted, but occasionally Pandora will surprise you. When it's a welcome surprise give the song a Thumbs Up. Otherwise give it a Thumbs Down. This will help make your stations play more music that you like.

You can also use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app. Pick from different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

Thumbs given in a specific mode will guide the station in that direction. For example, if you prefer to hear the hits, and not much new music, listen under Crowd Faves and use Thumbs to direct your station.

Thanks so much for listening to Pandora!

0 Kudos

Foolish123
Local Performer

How do you block a band????

If I never hear a Stones/Eagles/ Led Zep song again, it will be too soon.   Yeah my opinion... I'm sure their mothers are proud of their kds success...  But do we have to sit through another song...

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Foolish123 I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar request: How to block an artist

While we do not offer an option to prevent an artist from playing on your account or specific stations, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service: Blocking/Muting Certain Artists / Song Selection Rules

In the meantime, continue to give any tracks by those bands a Thumbs-down on your stations, and Pandora should learn to stop playing them over time.

Hope this helps! 🤝

0 Kudos

CyberMurph
Local Performer

Listen to metal instead.

0 Kudos

Abmmikc
Local Performer

I cannot stand the offensive noise of Blackpink. How do I stop their music showing up on my feed? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Abmmikc I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar request: How to block an artist

In the meantime, continue to give any tracks by that band a Thumbs-down on your stations, and Pandora should learn to stop playing them over time.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos