cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to collect albums without tracks getting added to Songs view

mokie
Underground

How do I 'collect' an album WITHOUT Pandora also automatically 'collecting' all the songs on that album?

There has to be a way to do this, because it makes no sense as an intended behavior. Adding an artist to your collection doesn't add their entire discography to your collection - it's not necessary, because you can click on the artist. Having an album separately add all the songs on it as well similarly makes no sense.

There has to be a setting I'm missing here to stop this. Help?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mokie Unfortunately, any time you add a full album to your collection, those same tracks will also appear when sorting your collection by Songs.

You do have the option of un-collecting those tracks once the album is added to your collection.

In the meantime, if you'd like to see this option added to the service, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mokie Unfortunately, any time you add a full album to your collection, those same tracks will also appear when sorting your collection by Songs.

You do have the option of un-collecting those tracks once the album is added to your collection.

In the meantime, if you'd like to see this option added to the service, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

bennadel
Local Performer

@mokie

did you create a feature request for this? It drives me bonkers! When I go to find a song that I collected and I have to scroll through hundreds of other songs that were added simply because I added albums. I would LOVE for the collected songs to contain ONLY the songs that were explicitly collected.

mokie
Underground

I did!

I don't remember the exact wording, but I also suggested multi-item management - letting users select multiple songs to 'uncollect' or move to a playlist (etc) in one action, instead of the current pulldown menu process.

Being told to remove an album's worth of songs one by one might be less frustrating if moving/removing songs wasn't itself already a frustrating process.