cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete content from My Collection

K8chase
Local Performer

How do you delete a song a station a playlist anything???!!??

I can keep making songs and stations out of ones I hate -but I can’t delete them.. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
59 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BethOwl Sounds like you were able to get this figured out on your end.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Darrelweb
Local Performer

How do you remove music/clean up my Collection?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Darrelweb I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to delete content from My Collection

If you'd like to delete a station from an Android device:

1. Go to My Collection.
  2. Press and hold (i.e., "long press") the station you'd like to delete.
  • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, select Delete station. Next confirm by selecting Delete once more.
  • If you're a Pandora Premium user, tap the highlighted Collect checkmark and select Delete when prompted.

If you'd like to delete a station from an iOS device:

1. Go to My Collection and locate the station you'd like to delete. 
  • If you're a free listener or a Pandora Plus subscriber, swipe the station to the left and select Delete.
  • If you're a Pandora Premium user, press and hold the station name (i.e., "long press"). Next, tap the highlighted Collected checkmark and select Delete when prompted.

If you'd like to remove a playlist/album/song/podcast from your mobile device:

1. Go to My Collection and select Playlists/Albums/Songs/Podcasts (depending on what you are looking to remove). Open the content you'd like to remove from your collection. Next, tap the highlighted check mark to the left of the play icon to remove it from your collection.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks so much for listening to Pandora.

danielwine
Local Performer

I am not able to delete individual songs in my collection, I've tried adding them, again, deleting, adding the whole album, then deleting. They still appear but only on the web access (I use MacOS (Safari)), on my iPhone app they do not show up? I've also tried using google chrome to see if this makes a difference but it does not. 

I've tried deleting history, cookies, cache, etc. It will still not delete these tracks out of my collection. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@danielwine You should be able to remove individual songs from your collection as shown below:

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 6.22.27 AM.png

If you continue to run into issues with this, can you please let me know the names of the songs you are unable to remove from your collection?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Megustaquizas
Underground

I wish that worked, but it doesn't. If I swipe, either direction, it simply restarts the song. There is no delete option in the three dots nor in the + collection.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Megustaquizas It sounds like you are attempting to remove a specific song from your collection.

If you'd like to remove a song from your mobile device:

1. Go to My Collection and select Songs.
  2. Open the song you'd like to remove from your collection.
  3. Next, tap the highlighted check mark to the left of the play icon to remove it from your collection.

If you continue to run into issues, please let me know the name of the song you are attempting to remove from your collection.

0 Kudos

PaulGreninger
Local Performer

If I'm a free listener, how do I delete a song from My Collection on a Windows computer? Not an Android, not an iOS, not an mobile deivce

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PaulGreninger Songs you have collected will only be visible when you initiate a Premium Access Session, or if you officially upgrade to Pandora Premium.

I do see you've initiated multiple Premium Access Sessions over the past couple of days.

If you'd like to remove songs you've collected, first initiate a new Premium session, and you can then look at the screenshot I provided above.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

easy77doseit
Local Performer

Nothing works.  I don't have the ability to delete songs and I am a premium subscriber.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@easy77doseit Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

To clarify, are you looking for a way to remove tracks after sorting your collection by Songs?

Also are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.  🤝

0 Kudos

jlynnjones5
Local Performer

How do I delete items on my lists

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jlynnjones5 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to delete content from My Collection

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how you can remove content from your collection.

Just make sure to follow the steps specific for Pandora Premium users, since that is what you are currently upgraded to.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Megustaquizas
Underground

Got it. Thanks much!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @Megustaquizas. 😁

0 Kudos

AmyGoodfriend
Local Performer

Hi I’m hoping you can help me with a similar issue. I have a thumbs up playlist. The songs on the playlist don’t have a thumbs down or I can’t unlike them. I deleted them and they keep showing up. I’m assuming because somewhere it says it’s a thumbs up song but I can’t figure out where. Have you run into this before

0 Kudos

easy77doseit
Local Performer
All we want is a simple way to delete songs/albums. A swipe or delete button would be nice but Pandora must be stuck in the 20th century. It is 2021, 21 years into the 21st century. Come on, Pandora, do something. I have, I use another music server.
0 Kudos

Megustaquizas
Underground
Hi Amy Goodfriend,

When the song is playing and you have the full screen image of the album
cover, there will be a + on the left below the album. Tap that, and you will
get a brief message saying that the song has been removed from your
collection. (You may have to tap it twice.)

Another option is to go to My Collection, Choose your thumbs up list. You
should see an Edit button (and Download, share, and More). Tap Edit, and
then you have the option of Xing out whatever songs you don't want in your
thumbs up list.

MegustaQuizas
0 Kudos

Megustaquizas
Underground
There IS a simple delete button. Go to My Collection, Choose whatever list
you want to delete songs from. You should see an Edit button (and Download,
share, and More). Tap Edit, and then you have the option of Xing out
whatever songs you don't want in your list.

I hope this helps

MegustaQuizas
0 Kudos

datchoia751
Underground
what happens is if u did the next song after u listen to the last one then
it will show up that u likes it or u don't so i had to pause the song and
go back and look to see if i did the song before i listen to a new one .so
watch it sometimes the system will do it for u .
0 Kudos