cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

ldegraw
Local Performer

Just love Pandora and I do enjoy listening to my many Latin jazz selections on an ongoing basis.. Just a quick observation however, wouldn’t it be nice if we could have an option for our own specific listening preference? What if we want to hear only selections from a specific artist or group, instead of a mixed bag selection chosen by Pandora? No slight to you guys or your selections, but what if I just want to hear “Caribbean Jazz Project” all day?

Give them a listen, you’ll want to also…

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ldegraw Thanks so much for your feedback.

I'm happy to let you know that it is possible to listen to a specific artist on demand as you've described.

However, it looks like you are currently set up with the free service.

If you would like to listen to a song or album on-demand, we do offer a solution through Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Premium. This service combines our industry leading radio service with on-demand listening.

You can learn more about upgrading from our website.

Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and music that is similar to your selection will play on your station.

While Pandora stations will learn what you like and don't like based on Thumbs feedback, it's not possible to predict exactly which song will play next. Only Pandora Premium offers users that level of control.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ldegraw Thanks so much for your feedback.

I'm happy to let you know that it is possible to listen to a specific artist on demand as you've described.

However, it looks like you are currently set up with the free service.

If you would like to listen to a song or album on-demand, we do offer a solution through Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Premium. This service combines our industry leading radio service with on-demand listening.

You can learn more about upgrading from our website.

Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and music that is similar to your selection will play on your station.

While Pandora stations will learn what you like and don't like based on Thumbs feedback, it's not possible to predict exactly which song will play next. Only Pandora Premium offers users that level of control.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

dm92708
Local Performer

I have Pandora Plus but I can't seem to create stations and playlists like I used to? How do I do that now? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dm92708 The ability to create customized playlists is only an option with Pandora Premium, so you won't actually be able to create those with your current Pandora Plus subscription.

This being said, you should still be able to create stations.

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you see when you attempt to play a new station?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

dm92708
Local Performer

I have Pandora Plus and it won’t let me create radio stations anymore? Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dm92708 Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you see when you attempt to play a new station?

Thanks again for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Ecgbo
Local Performer

I am using a DELL computer I've been trying to listen to other songs but whenever i do it tells me to upgrade and after i decline the offer it doesn't play my song, therefore I want this fixed please!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ecgbo I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

The ability to listen to specific songs on demand is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Wardy549
Local Performer

C234F8C3-F280-4CC9-92BB-25C53D812F3E.png

all of a sudden when I go to listen to my “thumbs up” list of songs I like it gives me a notice that says I have reached my limit. And either continue listening to what I have on or subscribe. So I goto subscribe and I subscribed for the $4.99 per month subscription. Well still when I hit my Thumbs up songs, it still gives me the same screen. So does this mean I have to pay the premium subscription to listen to my thumbs up list?  thank you!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wardy549 That is correct.

In order to listen to any tracks on demand, you will need to officially upgrade to Pandora Premium.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Latanyahickson
Local Performer

Why doesn't Pandora play the exact song I select to listen to? It starts a playlist instead.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Latanyahickson I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

The ability to listen to specific songs on demand is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Dee2023
Local Performer

How do you get to listen to all the songs you save?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dee2023 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

yaa
Local Performer

pandora has less adds and you can’t choose witch song you play on spotify. only shuffle. it’s stupid. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@yaa I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Smallfrybritty3
Local Performer

Hey everyone so quick question why is it when I search and want to play a certain song genre they only play one song from them then the rest is a mix of other songs and artists that I didn't want? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Smallfrybritty3 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

Pandora offers three ways to listen: free ad-supported Pandora, Pandora Plus, and Pandora Premium. Each option offers access to our industry-leading radio and podcast service.

As an ad-supported or Pandora Plus listener, you can access stations designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and Pandora will do the rest. Music that is similar to your musical tastes will play in your station.

When listening to stations, you are able to rate music by giving it a Thumbs Up (meaning you like it and want more music like that on your station) or Thumbs Down (meaning you don't like it, or don't want music like that on this particular station). When you give a song a Thumbs Down, that song will never play again on that station.

We use a similar, personalized approach to help you discover podcasts and recommend new ones to you. Thumb up podcast episodes you love, and we’ll recommend more podcasts like it! Thumb down episodes you don’t like, and we’ll tune our recommendations accordingly.

Pandora Premium subscribers can enjoy the same service along with the ability to listen to music on-demand and create custom playlists.

For more tips on how to use Pandora, check out our help page.

To read about the additional benefits Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium, just ask, or visit the following link.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Pookim21
Local Performer

I have a Pandora free account but it will no longer let me play a specific song with an Ad.  It will only give me the option to upgrade to a Premium account.  Did you remove the complimentary session after viewing an Ad?

thanks, Kimberly

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pookim21 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos