How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

tquartuccio
Local Performer

Why can’t pandora play a full album like spotify

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
95 Replies

AdamPandora

@manahana I moved your message to this thread as I provided some information around this in my message above

It looks like you are also initiating sessions of Pandora Premium which are allowing you to enjoy the benefits of Pandora Premium for short increments of time.

If you would like the ability to listen to full albums on demand, you will need to officially upgrade to Pandora Premium.

Hope we continue to see you around the community!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@JoanLorraine Thanks for your feedback - for more information on this, you can view my post above.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos

JoanLorraine
Local Performer

Did ... Not ... Solve ... Problem!!!

If you offer to play all songs on album ... If we listen to a "Commercial" ... Then only play one ... Numver uno ... 1 ... Song.  That is fraud!

Moderator Edit: Format

Mltcbt
Local Performer

I have Pandora Plus, not the free subscription, it will not play the entire album. Only a few songs then go back to a previous station.  I saw this complaint on several other people‘s posts and the response was that they probably had the free  subscription, I do not. Please look into my account and find out why I can’t play the entire album . 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Mltcbt I moved your post to this thread since you had a similar question.

To clarify, only Pandora Premium gives you the ability to stream a full album on demand. 

Our support team has taken a look at your account and mentioned you have also initiated multiple sessions of Pandora Premium when attempting to stream content on demand.

When on these free sessions of Pandora Premium, you won't be able to stream a full-length album. 

Feel free to check out my post above for more information on this. 

Thanks for posting on the community!🎶

0 Kudos

Texburrito03
Local Performer

When I play an album, I listen to the commercial and earn my reward,  Then after about 3 or 4 songs I hear a chime and it switches over to one of my radio stations. I have followed the directions to Clear my cache and put in all of my information again and it still continues to be an issue. I want to listen to an entire album after earning my reward, but haven't figured out the issued can you please help?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Texburrito03 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Since you aren't actually upgraded to Pandora Premium, you won't be able to stream full albums on demand without first initiating a Premium session.

I provided some information around this in my message above

If you would like the ability to listen to full albums on demand, you will need to officially upgrade to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

Melsteph219
Local Performer

Why does my playlist or selected album cutoff in the middle of playing and switch to my last played station? Unprompted.

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Melsteph219👋

I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

To clarify, you won't be able to listen to full-length albums with your Pandora Plus subscription.

Check out @AdamPandora 's message for information on this. 

If you would like the ability to listen to full albums on demand, you will need to officially upgrade to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps explain! 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Daemon
Local Performer

On Apple Music or Spotify you can listen to one song, album, or artist with out creating a playlist around it.  You can then create a playlist if you want or download it for offline listening.

On Pandora everytime I go to listen to something new it creates a station around it.  I want to be able to choose when or if I create a station from something I listened to.

Also you used to be able to rename the genre stations on Pandora.  I used this to organize the types of music together.  So all of this genre was 1 - and another was 2 - .  After the number was the station name.  This made it so if I was looking for a specific genre I just went to that number and picked from the list.  Now that you can't rename them the list is mixed up.  Recently played or A-Z does not place all the stations from a main genre together.  I would like a way to group the stations into their main categories.  So all of the sub genres for that category are together.  Along these lines I would like the option to search either just my list of stations or the ones on pandora.  That way if I was looking for a specific station I could locate it easier.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Daemon Nice to see you around the community. 

Streaming content on-demand:

To clarify, it looks like you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

The ability to stream content on demand (songs/albums/artists) without first being prompted to watch an ad is only an option with Pandora Premium.

If you would like to upgrade to Pandora Premium, you can do so here.

If you'd prefer to stick with Pandora Plus, you can always initiate free sessions of Pandora Premium to stream content on demand. 

To start a new session, simply search our library from your mobile device or computer for a song or album, and click play. If you are eligible for a free session of Pandora Premium, clicking play will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy your on-demand content.

Ability to re-name genre stations:

While that was originally a bug that was fixed by our engineers, I recommend creating a feature request for this if it was something you enjoyed.

That way, it will give others around the community a chance to upvote the idea if it is something they are interested in seeing as well. 

Additional sorting/grouping options:

I also recommend creating a feature request for this as our product team is always looking for ways to improve our service for all of our listeners.

Hope this helps! 😎

0 Kudos

SkylarLunaRose
Local Performer

Hello everyone, i need some help. I just got a new phone and icant find the search bar to look up specific songs.  What happened?? Do i have to pay again in order to be able to Do this? Please ket me knk asap??('

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@SkylarLunaRose I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

To clarify, we recently updated your search function so that you can look for on-demand content as well as radio stations that you might enjoy, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

To start a search, tap on Search located at the bottom of your screen. The search bar can then be located at the top of the screen after tapping on that.

If you search for and tap on the name of an artist, song, or album, you'll be brought to a "backstage page," where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you may see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead.

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

I hope this helps to explain. Thanks for your support!

0 Kudos

Malcolm
Local Performer

The interface is totally not Easy or intuitive .  I spent 20 minutes adding songs to my list and now find it impossible find/ play them.  Instead I am stuck playing songs I don’t want.  No I remember why I deleted this app two years ago.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Malcolm I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

To clarify, it looks like you have initiated multiple complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad. These Premium sessions allow you to collect and play specific songs/albums/playlists on demand.

When these sessions end, your account reverts back to the free service, which would explain why it appears as if that content is no longer available to you.

We recently updated your search function so that you can look for on-demand content as well as radio stations that you might enjoy, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

To start a search, tap on Search located at the bottom of your screen. The search bar can then be located at the top of the screen after tapping on that.

If you search for and tap on the name of an artist, song, or album, you'll be brought to a "backstage page," where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you may see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead.

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

Hope this helps explain. 

0 Kudos

phegi123
Local Performer

I click on auto play (for continuous) but it does not stay that way.  

Why all of a sudden, I don't have the continuous play feature on my pandora?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@phegi123 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Complimentary Premium sessions:

I had our support team take a look at your account, and they mentioned you have been initiating free sessions of Pandora Premium when attempting to stream content on-demand.

If you accept a complimentary Premium Access session of Pandora Premium from Pandora (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Pandora Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

This would explain why the music is stopping as soon as your Premium session ends.

If you're eager to jump back into Pandora Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on our upgrade page

Creating a station:

If you'd prefer to have continuous music, what you can do is create a radio station based off of a particular artist or song.

To create a station on the web:

1. In the Search tool at the top of your screen enter an artist, song, composer or genre.
  2. Then click the appropriate search result (it may help to filter your results by Station).
  3. From a source's backstage page click Start Station to add the station to your collection.

You can also use Browse to view station and playlist suggestions picked just for you.

You can find Browse next to My Collection on the home screen of our website.

To create stations on your mobile device or any other device:

Visit our related articles for information about how to create stations or use Pandora on iOS devicesAndroid devices, or other popular devices.

I hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

aep
Local Performer

ok so i can not put a particular album on plus?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@aep The ability to listen to a full length album is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Adams930t
Local Performer

I would like to hear an album from one group, not one song then be shuffled and listen to a different artist. That's like listening to the radio. 

0 Kudos