cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a playlist repeat

daleslad
On the Rise

I want my playlist to continue to play again once it has reached the last song in the playlist. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @daleslad. 👋🏽

To make the playlist or you're listening to repeat:

1. Go to the Now Playing screen and select the circling arrows icon on the bottom left of the screen to turn Repeat on or off.
  2. Selecting the icon once will cause a playlist to play in a loop.
  3. To make a single track repeat, select the same icon a second time. The icon will change to reveal a number 1, indicating that only one track will be repeated.

Here is a screenshot for your reference:

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 5.22.18 AM.png

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @daleslad. 👋🏽

To make the playlist or you're listening to repeat:

1. Go to the Now Playing screen and select the circling arrows icon on the bottom left of the screen to turn Repeat on or off.
  2. Selecting the icon once will cause a playlist to play in a loop.
  3. To make a single track repeat, select the same icon a second time. The icon will change to reveal a number 1, indicating that only one track will be repeated.

Here is a screenshot for your reference:

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 5.22.18 AM.png

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Adam, I'm not seeing that icon on mine.  I just have the half circle arrow but that just restarts the song that is playing.

I'll see if I can add a screenshot of mine.  No it doesn't look like you have that option.   The camera icon is asking me for Source, Dimensions etc. can't just drag in or choose a jpg image or screenshot.    

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad You should be able to attach a screenshot in a reply to this thread.

After clicking on the camera icon, it should redirect you to this screen:

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 4.26.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 4.26.41 AM.png

If you are still unable to attach a screenshot, can you please let me know what device you are using?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Everything is working ok now.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear that, @daleslad. 😄

Enjoy the music! 

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Adam I guess I spoke too soon.    My Sleep playlist began to play music that was  not from my playlist and it was not sleep inducing music.   When I looked at my  iphone to see what music was playing I noticed at the top of window in the middle was the word AutoPlay.    Now I know I have AutoPlay turned on because I wanted my music to start playing as soon as I opened up Pandora.    Maybe I'm not understanding just what AutoPlay does, maybe I should be turning it off it it is causing problems with my playlists.

This morning I opened up Pandora to check on my Sleep playlist to see if it was set up to automatically continue to replay my playlist from the beginning again when it reached the last song.  Unfortunately I ran into the same problem with the circling arrows icon.   All I show is the icon for replaying the song again it is just one circling arrow.   I have attached a screenshot showing what I have.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 8.51.04 AM.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Thanks for following up.

AutoPlay:

AutoPlay is an actual feature of Pandora - it is not a feature that automatically plays music as soon as you launch Pandora. That will actually happen by default.

When AutoPlay seamlessly takes over, we'll start playing similar content based on whatever you were just listening to. AutoPlay keeps playing what you already love, while also recommending new discoveries that we know you'll love next.

Pandora Premium listeners will automatically have access to the feature, and can manage AutoPlay at the bottom of any track, album, podcast or playlist, or from your Settings.

To view your AutoPlay setting from a mobile device:

1. Tap Profile and select the Settings gear in the top right corner. 
  2. Select Advanced.

To view your AutoPlay setting on the web:

1. Open your Settings.
  2. Select Content Settings.

Set the AutoPlay toggle to your preference.

Please note that we do not automatically add or save your AutoPlay content to your account. Because we personalize your AutoPlay station based on your listening habits, your AutoPlay stations may be different each time.

However, if you want to get back to a specific AutoPlay station, you can try listening to the content that inspired it before. If you haven't made too many changes to your playlist or collection, we may surprise you with similar station content.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Icon to make playlist repeat does not show:

Can you please do me a favor and send me another screenshot of what you see after you click on the Play button?

Thanks again for working with me on this. 

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Thanks Adam,   I see where you are  going with this,   I have attached  a screenshot after hitting the Play button and it shows the icon with the two circling arrows.  I guess it makes sense having it with the Playlist. 

I guess I mistook just what the Autoplay was used for.   I have been turning it on when I should have been turning it off.    If I turn it off using my computer Settings,   will that also take care of my devices i.e.  two iPhones or should I turn those off also. 

I'm afraid I can't share your enthusiasm about Autoplay and it's ability to add similar songs.   My Sleep playlist that I listen to  every night has restful piano music mostly by Beegie Adair and no vocalists.    It woke me out of a deep sleep with a piano concerto from Mozart, which had been added to my list along with 3 or 4 other classical piano music.  Not my cup of tea.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 1.53.27 PM.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Also to answer your question, yes- if you disable AutoPlay on your computer, that should carry over across all of your other devices.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

ak415
Local Performer

I like listening to different songs, over and over and over again... Is there a way to do this on Pandora Premium? 

I'm looking for a new platform(not Spotify) to move my playlists to... but, repeat is necessary.

*crosses fingers*

Thank you!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ak415 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to make a playlist repeat

Yes - you do have the ability to make a playlist repeat with Pandora Premium.

You can find instructions on how to do so in the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

ak415
Local Performer

Thanks Adam! Found it on mobile 🙂 Yay!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear it, @ak415. 😎

Enjoy the music!

0 Kudos