cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to only listen to one artist with Pandora Premium

Dogu
Underground

Station stops playing Station Artist after an hour.

My Aaren San station stops playing music by the station artist after an hour. The station is seeded with Mord Fustang.

The pattern goes: one song by Mord Fustang, one song by Aaren San, two songs by other artists. This pattern repeats two or three times.  After that, songs by the station artist and seed artist STOP PLAYING ENTIRELY. I once down-thumbed one hundred songs in a row without hearing one song by either artist I created the station to hear. I have over five thousand down thumbs for this station.  I've been cultivating this station for over three years, this issue has been going on since the moment I created the station.  

Yes, I know about alternate modes.  Switching to Crowd Favorites or Deep Cuts results in one (1) more rotation of songs by the station and seed artists before I get a message about the mode being "out of songs" and it switches me back to My Station mode. Artist Only mode won't play Radio Only songs, and several of my favorite songs by the station artist are Radio Only.

I hope I can actually get some help on this matter, rather than the Copy/pasted form letter response I see for other posts about this subject.  

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dogu Nice to see you around the community.

I do see you are upgraded to Pandora Premium.

Rather than listening to an artist's station, I recommend going directly to their artist page, and shuffling their songs on demand.

To do this, you can navigate to Mord Fustang for example.

Then click on View All under their TOP SONGS.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 4.50.23 AM.png

This will redirect you to a page that contains all of this particular artist's songs that are on Pandora.

You can then play any song listed on this page by tapping on the Play button:

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 4.51.12 AM.png

Once the song is playing, tap on the Shuffle icon located at the bottom of the screen.

This will in turn shuffle through all of the songs this particular artist has on Pandora:

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 4.51.56 AM.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Dogu
Underground

@AdamPandorawhile I appreciate the workaround you provided, it is only a partial solution. I do not appreciate you editing my title to reflect your solution rather than the question at hand, however, as it dodges the root issue.

I am not the only customer who has had issues with a specific station not playing the artist that the station was created for/from. Rather than address the issue, or escalate it to those who could solve the issue, there seems to be a trend where you either deny ability to it, or offer a workaround. 

There is a pattern to my station's issue, and it needs to be addressed.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dogu I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the artist(s) that you've seeded a station with, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

The only workaround for this would be to use the instructions I provided above, or to create a customized playlist where you pick and choose the specific songs you want to include.

This being said, the tracks that are currently marked Radio Only will not be able to be played on demand.

If you'd like to see those tracks available for on demand playback, I recommend leaving a comment on this thread: Music Suggestions

Just make sure to include all of the requested information when creating your post. 

Hope this is helpful. 

0 Kudos

Dogu
Underground

@AdamPandora I understand that random play is random, and I can't control when and how often an artist plays. I do not understand why, when this is a known issue, these instances are not escalated and reported to someone who can look into why it happens. As I said, there is an established pattern in which my station plays songs. This pattern repeats three times, then the artist and the seed stop playing. There has to be a technical reason for this to happens. I do not want direct control over my station, I just want consistency. Please report this issue up the chain for someone to look at. Just telling me to deal with it is an unprofessional cop-out. 

@AdamPandora I just got an email asking me if I your solution was an acceptable solution. 

I'm going to say straight out: I do not accept this as a solution. I want this escalated to tech support. I want a ticket number. And I want to know why my station behaves like this. 

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos