cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search for a song and play it

Listener001
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to get Kenny Rogers to play my favorite song Buy Me A Rose. When I look the song up in the Pandora search thing it appears to be on his Discovery Vaults CD other than his original CD called She Rides Wild Horses which has that song on there. Can somebody tell me how to fix this into my collection? I collected both CDs, but am having troubles getting him to play that song for me too. The original CD also has the song called The Greatest on it and I would like both songs to play on my station, but I just can't figure it out. I put She Rides Wild Horses in one playlist and selected The Greatest on this one and then I put Buy Me A Rose in another playlist and selected Buy Me A Rose. It didn't work I don't think. I'm not sure though. I will keep you posted if it does. My 80s Country station seems to be working good so far after I fixed all my playlists with the actual CD name that's the same as the song. Did I do it right with Kenny Rogers' song?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 With your Pandora Premium subscription, you should be able to search for that specific song, and click on the Play button to get the song started.

If you are on a computer, you can find the search bar located at the top of the screen. Type in "buy me a rose" and you can then sort the search results by Songs.

From there, hover your cursor over the album art of the song, and then click on the Play button.

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 10.18.43 AM.png

Let me know if this helps. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 With your Pandora Premium subscription, you should be able to search for that specific song, and click on the Play button to get the song started.

If you are on a computer, you can find the search bar located at the top of the screen. Type in "buy me a rose" and you can then sort the search results by Songs.

From there, hover your cursor over the album art of the song, and then click on the Play button.

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 10.18.43 AM.png

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I'm still having troubles getting Kenny Rogers to play my favorite song Buy Me A Rose. I want him to play it on his She Rides Wild Horses instead of the Discovery Vaults CD. I put a checkmark by it on his original CD. I'm thinking if I just make a thumbnail for that song off the Discovery Vaults CD he will play it off his original CD :0). I will let you know in a little while. Just discovered I had to do that with a couple of other singers. Why did I have to do that?

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I'm having troubles getting Keith Whitley to play the other songs I like alot along with 3 others he's playing off his Don't Close Your Eyes CD. I want him to play Don't Close Your Eyes, When You Say Nothing At All, Ten Feet Away and Homecoming '63 from his original CD. I can't seem to figure it out without messing up on my 80s Country station again. I just got it back up running again last night after having issues with half of my playlists I created. Also, I want him to play Miami, My Amy on his L.A. To Miami CD. I can't seem to figure that out either. He's confusing. It seems like he wants to play the main title of his CDs on his hits CD 😂.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I had our support team add the correct version of that track to your collection for you.

They also went ahead and removed the version from Discovery Vaults CD as well to avoid any future confusion.

Here is a link to the track to Buy Me A Rose by Kenny Rogers (From the album She Rides Wild Horses) for your reference as well: https://www.pandora.com/artist/kenny-rogers/she-rides-wild-horses/buy-me-a-rose/TRbJV7Xc94rnx2w

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I'm happy to look into this - what is the name of his original album that you were looking to play those tracks from?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Thanks, that was really super confusing. I couldn't figure out how to get it working. Anybody who loves that Buy Me A Rose song would have been like me trying to figure out how to get it playing.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @Listener001! 😉 

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

There's three albums I'm working on.

Don't Close Your Eyes

L.A. To Miami

Kentucky Bluebird.

On the Kentucky Bluebird one I want the Somebody's Doin' Me Right to play along with the main title of this CD and the other song I have checkmarked and it's not playing after I put a checkmark by it in my collection.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I had our support team help add all three of those albums to your collection.

If you are listening on a computer, you can find those albums by:

1. Clicking on My Collection
  2. Click on Albums

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 10.06.03 AM.png

You can also click on the following links to access those albums:

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Thanks, that helps. I'm having the same kind of problem with Lorrie Morgan's Watch Me song. I also like What Part Of No too, but I'm getting the live one of What Part Of No. I like the live one, but I prefer the regular non live one. Do we do the same thing with her CD like we did for Keith Whitley's three CDs? It's called A Picture Of Me - Greatest Hits And More. I have most of the songs list on this CD, but I just want Watch Me and What Part Of No.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Yes - I think it would probably be easiest if we add the whole album to your collection.

That way, you'll be able to easily locate the two tracks you want to play.

You should now be able to locate that album the same as your other ones:

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 12.21.10 PM.png

Here is also a link to the two tracks you mentioned you wanted to listen to:

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Thanks for helping me with that. Do I select both songs?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Always happy to help!

Both songs should already a part of your collection now since the entire album as added.

Now all you need to do on your end is click on the track or play button to listen to it.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

That helps. I put both songs in a playlist too.

0 Kudos