cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search for new music

Ohms2Volume
Local Performer

Hello I am new to Pandora and wondering how about new listeners and genres of music to choose from.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ohms2Volume The best way to explore Pandora and create a station (or to listen to any type of content) is to search our library and further filter your results.

Begin by launching the Pandora application and tapping the search icon (shaped like a magnifying glass) in the top right corner of your screen. Enter the desired search term, and filter your results by Artist, Songs, Stations, Podcasts, Playlists, or Albums.

When searching for:

• an artist, tap the artist's name in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can view and play their radio station, Latest Releases, or Top Songs and Albums.*
  • a song, tap the song's name in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can play the song, share the song, or start a station.*
  • an album, tap the name of the album in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can Play or Share the album, or (if it's available) start a station off that album.*
  • a station or genre, tap the name of the correct search result which will bring you to a page where you can collect, play, or share that station.
  • a playlist, tap the name of the correct search result which will bring you to a page where you can view and play the playlist.* Pandora Premium subscribers can also collect, download and share those playlists.
  • a podcast, tap the podcast or episode name will will take you to a page where you can collect, play or share the podcast or episode.

You can also use For You to view personalized station recommendations which can be found next to My Collection.

*Pandora Premium listeners may have additional options. Free and Pandora Plus listeners will need to watch a short advertisement before they are able to listen to songs, albums or playlists on-demand.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ohms2Volume The best way to explore Pandora and create a station (or to listen to any type of content) is to search our library and further filter your results.

Begin by launching the Pandora application and tapping the search icon (shaped like a magnifying glass) in the top right corner of your screen. Enter the desired search term, and filter your results by Artist, Songs, Stations, Podcasts, Playlists, or Albums.

When searching for:

• an artist, tap the artist's name in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can view and play their radio station, Latest Releases, or Top Songs and Albums.*
  • a song, tap the song's name in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can play the song, share the song, or start a station.*
  • an album, tap the name of the album in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can Play or Share the album, or (if it's available) start a station off that album.*
  • a station or genre, tap the name of the correct search result which will bring you to a page where you can collect, play, or share that station.
  • a playlist, tap the name of the correct search result which will bring you to a page where you can view and play the playlist.* Pandora Premium subscribers can also collect, download and share those playlists.
  • a podcast, tap the podcast or episode name will will take you to a page where you can collect, play or share the podcast or episode.

You can also use For You to view personalized station recommendations which can be found next to My Collection.

*Pandora Premium listeners may have additional options. Free and Pandora Plus listeners will need to watch a short advertisement before they are able to listen to songs, albums or playlists on-demand.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Alansak
Underground

What is it??? My Station? My Playlist? My Collection???What??? How do I add an artist to whatever it is that I have?

@Alansak in your search bar type either the artist or song that you are looking for. Once they appear use your cursor to hover over the song you want to add, you will see three small dots appear click on the dots. The first option you will have will be Collect, your second option will say add to playlist. Once you collect them and add them, you will have them in your personal collection. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Deb357
Local Performer

My question, Exactly

Where is all my stuff and where do I login?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alansak @Deb357 I moved your posts over to this existing thread: How to search for new music

Check out the accepted solution for further instructions on how you can get started listening, and adding content to your collection.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

@Deb357 If you are still running into trouble logging into your account, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos