cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search through a playlist for specific tracks

StJest
Local Performer

I create large playlists of specific artists for specific occasions. I often supply music for large gatherings and events. There is often a few hundred songs on these playlists. I used to just set up stations but they can get random and I've noticed more an more now the stations don't stay on genre, so I've moved to paying for the upgrade to make playlists. But maintaining the playlists are not user friendly. I can't find a way to search the playlist when I need to edit them. When listening you can see the number of the track in the list but then when you go to edit it you are forced to scroll the entirety of the list and on top of that the numbering system disappears so there is no way to track where you even are in the list.

How can I edit, maintain, and operate playlists more easily without having to scroll forever or just out right having to delete it and start over.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@StJest While there isn't currently a way to search within customized playlists, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️ to express your interest in seeing it added to the service: Search within Playlists

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@StJest While there isn't currently a way to search within customized playlists, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️ to express your interest in seeing it added to the service: Search within Playlists

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

StJest
Local Performer

Wow ok. This seems like a no-brainer to have this feature. It's shocking that there are no streamline editing options. I'm also surprised to see zero plans for it to be added, so much so that it's just a "suggested feature" in a random forum. Feels very off radar for the company. A company that's been around for a while even. 

Anyway, I appreciate your time, I know you're just a PR worker with a job just like me. I'm not aggravated with you, I know these issues tend to die way down here, but I definitely don't feel like this issue is anywhere near "solved."  Maybe that tag should be removed from these types of posts. Maybe then it might make its way up the ladder to people who make decisions. Take it easy. And thanks again 

bogiereef
Local Performer

Interacting so maybe this gets more traction. Just switched to Pandora and am surprised this isn’t a function.

Maxjsego
Local Performer

There definitely should be an option to search inside a playlist, I've have me own problems with not having that option.

0 Kudos

Ratso
Local Performer

Totally agree! Seems like searching within a database whether created by the provider or the user would be a  standard function in any kind of application or program.

0 Kudos