cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing music from My Library to Pandora

dhatchere
Local Performer

Can I upload my music from Windows Media Player to Pandora with a paid premium subscription and listen to it later like I can on Amazon Unlimited or Google Music?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dhatchere This is not currently a feature, however I recommend upvoting this existing feature request to express your interest in getting it added to the service: Import my own music / Upload music from other streaming platforms

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

29 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dhatchere This is not currently a feature, however I recommend upvoting this existing feature request to express your interest in getting it added to the service: Import my own music / Upload music from other streaming platforms

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

daleslad
On the Rise

I can't find a song  that I searched for  in  Pandora,  so I want to transfer the song which is in my itunes collection to my playlist on my computer. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad I moved your message here as you had a similar request.

Unfortunately, this is not currently a feature, however I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here. 💡

daleslad
On the Rise

Thanks Adam

Paul2
Local Performer
I have a number of songs in my iPhone Music playlist which are not available through Pandora. Is there any way to merge songs from iPhone playlist into my Thumbprint Radio station. Currently I have to flip between Pandora and iPhone Music to hear everything.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Paul2 Unfortunately, there isn't currently a way to import your personal music library to Pandora.

With that being said, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion as it sounds like something many other listeners are interested in seeing as well💡

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I have never really used Pandora but am looking for an alternative to Spotify.

I just started the 30-day free trial (basic $4.99/month) but can't seem to get the music I already have on my android phone into my Pandora songs.

Will Pandora play the music I already have on my phone, and if so, how do I set that up ?

Thanks in advance !

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I moved your post to this thread since you had a similar question.

While there isn't a way to import your personal music collection to Pandora, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion to give others the chance to vote for the idea as well💡

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

Listener001
Not applicable

Adam,

Thanks for the information.  How do I cancel my subscription ?  I'm not going to wait for a possible feature added in at some hypothetical future date.  Pandora has been around long enough that if you were going to add this in, you would have done it by now.

I need to cancel my subscription but I can't find a Cancel Subscription option on my profile or in settings.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Depending on who you purchased your subscription through, you should be able to locate the correct steps to cancel here.

If you run into any trouble with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AJM Thanks for sharing that link - I will also update the accepted solution to this thread so that it includes that feature request.

theresejapan16
Local Performer

How can I upload my Pandora music into iMovie?

Please help!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @theresejapan16. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to export your Pandora stations or playlists.

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are licensed as streaming radio services. Although Pandora Plus offers the ability to listen to up to four stations offline, no downloading or stream-ripping is permitted per our licensing. That said, Pandora Premium, which combines our radio service with on-demand listening, allows subscribers to listen to specific songs, albums, playlists, and certain content offline.

If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer. 

In the meantime, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request to express your interest in getting it added to the service: Import my own music / Upload music from other streaming platforms

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

kooldaddy91
Local Performer

Hello Alyssa - I wanted to touch base and see if there had been any action taken / development on adding this feature since this post began 2 years ago - reference: https://t2m.io/2BADxC1W .

I'm happy to submit a feature request, but I'm hoping the folks at Pandora have done something about this very old issue. 

Appreciate your help!

mojones
Local Performer

Can i download my p;andora library from my computer to my ipod

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mojones Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device.

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts.

This being said, your device will need to meet the minimum requirements in order to download the Pandora app.

I see you mentioned you wanted to stream Pandora on an iPod. The current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 13. To confirm the iOS version you are running on your device, open your device's Settings, go to General, About, and Version. 

If you are running a version older than iOS 13, you will need to update your device's operating system (OS). Please refer to this article on how to do that

Otherwise, I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device. Previous versions of the Pandora app are not available for download. 

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Lover86
Underground

I wanted to know if I could take all of my Pandora songs and transfer them to my Windows 10 laptop or to an MP3 or MP4 player. I want to put together CD's 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lover86 Due to our licensing, downloading or stream-ripping is not permitted.

The tracks you download will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

In other words, Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app. However, it's not possible to transfer your Pandora music collection to an external music library. If you're outside of our app, or you're accessing Pandora from our website or another type of device (such as a computer), you won't be able to view those downloads.

If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection with a file you can access elsewhere, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer.

For more information on Offline Mode and Downloads, you can refer to this article.

Hope this helps explain.