cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing music from My Library to Pandora

dhatchere
Local Performer

Can I upload my music from Windows Media Player to Pandora with a paid premium subscription and listen to it later like I can on Amazon Unlimited or Google Music?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
29 Replies

Be4givN
Local Performer

Can  the Pandora app play my own music that I have stored on my cell phone?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Be4givN. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Import / Export music from or to other platforms

Playing music from an external source isn't a feature of Pandora. In the meantime, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request to express your interest in getting it added to the service: Import my own music / Upload music from other streaming platforms

Thanks so much for being a part of the community, and hope to see you around more often! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

adrianahunt
Local Performer

I am getting rid of my Spotify account  and looking for a replacement. 

I'm on the trial of Pandora Premium but I dont see a way to transfer my playlists from Spotify to here. 

I have over 1300 songs and i dont want to go thru each song and finding it to make a new playlist. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@adrianahunt I moved your post over to this existing thread: Importing music from My Library to Pandora

Playing music from an external source isn't a feature of Pandora. In the meantime, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request to express your interest in getting it added to the service: Import my own music / Upload music from other streaming platforms

Hope this helps!

DominicusSaxon
Local Performer

I've had Pandora for years but never really used it.  I mostly use Spotify but am looking for another option.  This has nothing to do with the Young/Rogan garbage, I'm just tired of spending $10 a month.

I see that Pandora has a $5 option and a $10 option.  Since I know virtually nothing about Pandora, I'm hoping someone who's been around awhile could help.

What I want to do is move all my music from Spotify to Pandora.  I do have almost all my music also saved on my PC (it's where I uploaded it to Spotify from).  Below are my main questions.

Would I be able to upload it all to Pandora ?

Can I listen to it all without advertisements ?

Can I skip forwards or backwards on my song list, and set it for Random play ?

Can I listen to my podcasts without commercials in their entirety ?

Oh, I also see that both paid subscriptions have "Offline Listening".  What's the difference between offline listening and unlimited offline listening ?

Thanks in advance to any help

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DominicusSaxon I moved your post over to this existing thread: Importing music from My Library to Pandora

I'm happy to address each of your questions.

Moving music to Pandora from another streaming platform:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Benefits of a Pandora Premium subscription:

Based off of the questions you are asking, it sounds like you'd be more interested in a Pandora Premium subscription.

This level of subscription allows you to collect and listen to music on demand (so that you can pick and choose what music you want to listen to). A Pandora Plus subscription on the other hand only allows you to collect and listen to our curated radio stations. 

With Pandora Premium, you do get to listen without advertisements, as well as skip/rewind/replay/shuffle through your content. 

Check out this help page article for a further breakdown on the benefits of a Pandora Premium subscription.

Listening to podcasts without commercials:

This depends on the recording of the actual podcast.

Some podcasts on Pandora are pre-compressed audio files, so advertisements that appear in the original recording will still be heard. Since these are not advertisements from Pandora, they cannot be removed or disabled.

Offline listening:

Offline listening with Pandora Premium allows you to download not only your collected stations, but any songs/albums/playlists you've collected or created as well.

Pandora Plus subscribers on the other hand cannot choose which stations they'd like available for offline listening. Instead, Pandora will download up to three of your most-listened to stations as well as your Thumbprint Radio and make them available on your offline station list.

Check out this help page article for more information.

I hope this helps answer your questions. Feel free to reach back out if there is anything else we can assist you with.

DustyBoots
Local Performer

I can't figure out how to add my own content to Pandora is they're a way for me to play or add my own personal music to this app

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DustyBoots I moved your post over to this existing thread: Importing music from My Library to Pandora

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

nwyrbaby76
Local Performer

How do I sync my Spotify & syzam library with pandora

Sophia C Gonzalez
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nwyrbaby76 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Importing music from My Library to Pandora

While there isn't currently a way to do this, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request to express your interest in getting it added to the service: Import my own music / Upload music from other streaming platforms

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos