cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with linked playlists

jaykresge
Underground

I've Googled my concerns and seen numerous threads regarding my issues that always result in the same interaction - OP presents their easily reproduceable issue, and a Pandora employee takes no interest in the root issue by talking around it.

Linked playlists are a disaster. I have one radio station I've created where the linked playlist is no longer listed as being linked to it (but still receives most of the thumbs up from the primary station). (Rock Station, for any employee who wants to dig)

I had another playlist create two linked stations, alternating which would receive the thumbed up song. (I've since cleaned out this station and deleted it, since I wasn't far in and will simply start over).

And while most thumbed up songs reach the linked station, a small percentage do not.

There is an absurdly easy fix to this that uses existing infrastructure. The station modes - create a "thumbs only" mode. Boom. There's your linked playlist. Then, add the ability to manually add thumbs. IE - find a song, tap/click on it, go to the menu, add to thumbs up, select appropriate station. Finally, add a toggle for those who want to break this out as a separate item in their collection.

Linked Playlists were a good idea with horrible execution. Please fix them or replace them.

Labels (3)
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jaykresge I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

We've had people report a similar issue of this happening here: Linked Thumbs Up Playlist Doesn't Match Station Thumbs

To clarify, are you running into this same issue where your linked Thumbs Up playlists that get created do not contain all of the thumbed up tracks from the station they were created from?

If so, can you please give me an example of:

• the name of the Thumbs Up playlist that doesn't contain the correct amount of songs
  • the name of some of the songs you've Thumbed Up on the station that are missing from that playlist

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

Robert8
Local Performer

This Kind Of App Needs To Keep Up The Super Duper Duper Duper Good Work!, And We Mean It!

0 Kudos

jaykresge
Underground

Issue is resolved. My solution was to cancel my Pandora subscription and switch back to Spotify. 

Please respond if Pandora ever decides to implement my idea and I will resubscribe. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos