cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It seems... only Jimmy Reed Radio plays Jimmy Reed

blues-sevenfold
Diamond in the Rough

This might also be an issue for other artists (I dunno) - but, as Jimmy Reed is my favourite blues artist, this has been noticeable for me.

Not counting Scary Halloween Sounds (which doesn't play like a radio station), I have nine permanent stations in My Collections. It seems Jimmy Reed Radio is the only station to play Jimmy Reed. I don't have any blues music on Nature Sounds Radio (all nature ambient), Halloween Radio (Halloween rock and Halloween ambient), and Rock Variety Radio (rock music only) - so I wouldn't expect Jimmy Reed on those stations.

I'm currently listening to Thumbprint Radio, and I've yet to hear Jimmy Reed get played. Remaining stations are Blues Variety Radio (blues music only), Charlie Musselwhite Radio (blues music only), Five Finger Death Punch Radio (rock and blues), and Avenged Sevenfold Radio (rock and blues). I also temporarily had a station created from Howlin' Wolf and seeded with Little Walter and Snooky Pryor (all artists similar to Jimmy Reed), and no Jimmy Reed showed up on that station - except for that one song attributed to "Jimmy Reed Baby".

I suppose adding Jimmy Reed as a seed to those stations could resolve it, but it shouldn't have to be necessary.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@blues-sevenfold Always nice to see you around the community! 

At this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

That said, with your Pandora Premium subscription, you do have the option of either playing songs by that artist on demand, or creating customized playlists where you pick and choose specific songs by that artist to play.

To search and play music on demand:

From My Collection on a mobile device tap the search icon on the top right corner of your screen. If you are on our website or desktop app, use the Search tool at the top of your screen.

Once you enter what you are looking for, you can filter your search results by All, Artists, Albums, Songs, or Stations.

Selecting a search result will take you to its Backstage page. There you can choose to Play, Collect, Share, or create a station or playlist.

If you'd like to create a customized playlist:

From a mobile device:

To create a new playlist from the My Collection screen:

1. Go to My Collection, sort by Playlist, then tap + New Playlist.
  2. Enter a name for your playlist and tap Next.
  3. Use the search bar to find your favorite songs or albums to add to your playlist.

To create a new playlist from the Now Playing screen:

1. Tap the ellipsis (three dots) below the album art.
  2. Select Add to Playlist.
  3. Choose which playlist you'd like to add the track to, or create a new playlist off of this by tapping, + New Playlist.

From our website:

To create a new playlist from My Collection:
Filter your collection by Playlists and select + Create Playlist.

To create a new playlist from the Now Playing screen:

1. Click the ellipsis (three dots) below the album art to reveal a sub-menu.
  2. Hover over Add to Playlist and select New Playlist.

Finally, you can create a playlist from most songs or albums by clicking that ellipsis as well.

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@blues-sevenfold Always nice to see you around the community! 

At this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

That said, with your Pandora Premium subscription, you do have the option of either playing songs by that artist on demand, or creating customized playlists where you pick and choose specific songs by that artist to play.

To search and play music on demand:

From My Collection on a mobile device tap the search icon on the top right corner of your screen. If you are on our website or desktop app, use the Search tool at the top of your screen.

Once you enter what you are looking for, you can filter your search results by All, Artists, Albums, Songs, or Stations.

Selecting a search result will take you to its Backstage page. There you can choose to Play, Collect, Share, or create a station or playlist.

If you'd like to create a customized playlist:

From a mobile device:

To create a new playlist from the My Collection screen:

1. Go to My Collection, sort by Playlist, then tap + New Playlist.
  2. Enter a name for your playlist and tap Next.
  3. Use the search bar to find your favorite songs or albums to add to your playlist.

To create a new playlist from the Now Playing screen:

1. Tap the ellipsis (three dots) below the album art.
  2. Select Add to Playlist.
  3. Choose which playlist you'd like to add the track to, or create a new playlist off of this by tapping, + New Playlist.

From our website:

To create a new playlist from My Collection:
Filter your collection by Playlists and select + Create Playlist.

To create a new playlist from the Now Playing screen:

1. Click the ellipsis (three dots) below the album art to reveal a sub-menu.
  2. Hover over Add to Playlist and select New Playlist.

Finally, you can create a playlist from most songs or albums by clicking that ellipsis as well.

Hope this helps.