cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liking artists

BABMF78
Local Performer

Hello,

Why is it important to have multiple artists and songs liked on the music app when it only plays a limited selection of them repeatedly?

Thank you,

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @BABMF78! Thanks for posting.

Can you explain your question in a little bit more?

Are you receiving repeat tracks on a station you're listening to? If so, can you give me an example of some tracks that you're hearing more often and which station you're listening to.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

BABMF78
Local Performer

The question is why you are allowed to like so many artists but not be able to listen to all of them. Out of my 480 artists, only 50 have played. But those 50 tend to repeat the same songs. I initially saved the playlist under a random artist. I recently changed it to another name.
I rely on the playlists I create with all the artists I like to keep my music fresh and unpredictable. The unpredictability of the tracks and genres makes the experience more enjoyable.
I skip to the next track or restart the application to prevent getting stuck on a loop of the same songs. The repeated songs are all my thumbs-up songs that get played the most. Even after pressing the "continue" button or shutting down the app to shuffle songs, I still listen to the same music three times in an eight-hour day.
I am unsure which songs they are since there is no way to see your previously played songs.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @BABMF78!

Thanks for the reply. 

To confirm, you'd like to hear more tracks from the thumbed up songs on your station 'My collection' radio? Looking closer I see that you have 489 thumbed up songs currently on the station.

Keep in mind, that thumbing up a track let's Pandora know that you like this type of music, and will play other similar tracks, but doesn't necessarily mean it will play those tracks more often. Listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

You can try these tips to help improve your station experience.

1. Listen using Pandora Modes: When listening from a computer, mobile device, or the Sonos app, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.
  2. Edit your station: In some cases, it might actually help to remove Thumbs Up ratings in the station to mix things up.
  3. Add Variety: To add more variety to your artist or song based stations, you can select additional artist and/or song seeds. You can Add Variety when editing stations. It's best to add no more than 3 to 5 seeds per station.

Additionally, as a Premium subscriber, you're able to create custom playlists. If you're interested in creating your own playlists, click here for some helpful steps and tips.

I would also try out Thumbprint Radio. Thumbprint Radio plays your Thumbed-Up songs from all your stations, as well as other songs related to those Thumbs. Just search for Thumbprint Radio to add it your collection.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos