cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit to number of tracks on a playlist?

kevomac12
Underground

Greetings and Felicatations,

I can no longer add to my playlist...what's the deal? Are there limits to what a single playlist can hold? It would be 'user friendly' to inform Premium users of any and all restrictions...like now!

Kevin

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

blues-sevenfold
Diamond in the Rough

It appears that My Thumbs Up Playlist caps off at 5000 songs, and station playlists (in my case, Avenged Sevenfold Radio Playlist) seem to cap off at 600 songs. I'm not sure about playlists created from scratch.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies

blues-sevenfold
Diamond in the Rough

It appears that My Thumbs Up Playlist caps off at 5000 songs, and station playlists (in my case, Avenged Sevenfold Radio Playlist) seem to cap off at 600 songs. I'm not sure about playlists created from scratch.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kevomac12 Nice to see you around the community.

What is the name of the playlist you are having trouble adding tracks to?

Additionally, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message when you attempt to add a track to that playlist? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

Let me know.

0 Kudos

kevomac12
Underground

Well...most unfortunately Pandora limits your/our lists count, not cool! But an unlimited list would entail not using Pandora at all...bah humbug.

0 Kudos

Sammy
Underground

I have several playlists started from scratch that have over 1000 songs in them, and I haven't had trouble adding to them. Granted, there's no easy way to *search* long playlists for song titles... CMD-F function doesn't work because the playlist window only loads a certain number of songs at a time. It would be nice to have a feature within playlists to sort by song title, artist name, album, etc.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sammy Thanks for your feedback!

I recommend checking out this existing feature request, and giving it a ❤️ to express your interest in getting additional sorting options added for playlists. 

It may also be worth commenting on the thread with your specific request.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

JillofAllTrades
Local Performer

I was looking for an answer, buggerit, bc you've answered it. Can't search for specific song in playlist. Why not? Seems to me that's 21st Century stuff that could be solved in the 21st Century. What's blocking adding these search feature? Going to ask for it.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @JillofAllTrades. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your idea.

If you're interested in seeing a search option within any given playlist on Premium, feel free to create a feature request here

I'd be interested in seeing this implemented as well, and would definitely upvote your idea.

Hope to see you around the community often!  🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

musicbaby1970
Local Performer

Does anybody know if there is a limit to the number of songs you can add to a custom playlist? Thought I would see if there was any limit before I created one. 

Thank you

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@musicbaby1970 I moved your post to this thread since you had a similar question.

While that is a number that is continually being tested and subject to change, check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

rphillman
Local Performer

I have noticed the same thing.  I have 4994 songs in my playlist of 2020 music.  If I use my Windows based computer and Pandora's website using Microsoft Edge as a browser, it says it is adding x number of songs when I try to add a new album, but when I view the playlist, nothing has been added to it.  If I try on my Samsung tablet and use the Pandora app I get an error message, "Unable to add to playlist at this time, try again later."

Are playlists capped at 5000 songs?  Is there a way to simply tell Pandora to play my collection and shuffle the songs?

0 Kudos

danebarca
Local Performer

I like to create really long playlists.  It seems there is a limit to the amount of songs that you can put on a playlist.  The playlists appear to max out at 5000.  Is this accurate, and what happens when I add a song to a playlist that is already at 5000 songs?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@danebarca I. moved your post over to this existing thread: Limit to number of tracks on a playlist?

While that is a number that is continually being tested and subject to change, check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Nathan585
Local Performer

I've been trying to build myself an ultimate playlist on my premium account.  I can't seem to get passed 5,000 songs. It doesn't say anything about reaching a limit. But every time I try to add a song now, I get a message something like: "Sorry. We are unable to complete your request. Please try again later." But later there is still no change, and the list is exactly 5,000 songs.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nathan585 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Limit to number of tracks on a playlist?

There actually is a limit of 5,000 tracks on a playlist.

While that is a number that is continually being tested and subject to change, check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

If you'd like to be able to create a playlist with more than 5,000 tracks I recommend creating a feature request for it here.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos