cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More songs by seeded artist on station

BenHulse
Local Performer

Algorithms have gone to hell.  FFDP stationand only get 2 songs by them before going to obscure artists that i have thumbed  down multiple ti.es and they still show up.  I smell money grab for their new "moods." Been with Pandora for over a decade but may have to switch to Spotify due to being able to make a playlist and discounts.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BenHulse I created a new post for your message to keep the community tidy.

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the artist that you've seeded a station with, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

That said, you should be able to use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening on our website or your mobile device.

Pandora Modes is available for both free and upgraded listeners.

You can pick different modes like Artist Only, which will play only tracks from the artist headlining your station (unless you've added variety to your station, in which case it will play tracks from those artists as well).

Please keep in mind that Artist Only mode will only exist on relevant stations.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Additionally, if you were looking for the ability to set up customized playlists, I recommend trying out Pandora Premium.

If you'd like to check out Pandora Premium, you can upgrade here.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BenHulse I created a new post for your message to keep the community tidy.

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the artist that you've seeded a station with, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

That said, you should be able to use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening on our website or your mobile device.

Pandora Modes is available for both free and upgraded listeners.

You can pick different modes like Artist Only, which will play only tracks from the artist headlining your station (unless you've added variety to your station, in which case it will play tracks from those artists as well).

Please keep in mind that Artist Only mode will only exist on relevant stations.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Additionally, if you were looking for the ability to set up customized playlists, I recommend trying out Pandora Premium.

If you'd like to check out Pandora Premium, you can upgrade here.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

s7411mith
Local Performer

Would like to hear more songs from the artist than other artists on their station.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @s7411mith. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. I completely understand where you're coming from.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: More songs by seeded artist on station 

In the meantime, I would recommend checking out the accepted solution for this thread here. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

s7411mith
Local Performer

Ok, sorry new to this. Not that I don't like your selections, I appreciate that I can bypass songs I don't care to hear. Also getting older, is there any way I can use another username I can remember?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@s7411mith I'll send you a private message for more information around this, but we do not guarantee that your username will be changed.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

neel_arunabh
Opening Act

I am really angry at Prince radio. On an artist station, I must hear at least one song by the station's artist. Yesterday, I kept skipping tracks ad it played too many songs by other artist, but not a single song by Prince. 

0 Kudos