cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple stations, same seed?

Aquatica1000
Underground

For some reason, I ended up with three different stations with the exact same artist seed (Against the Current) in my collection.  This isn't even a matter of the artist posting in different genres (such as for example Michael Buble and Michael Buble (Holiday)), this is the exact same station triplicated.  Normally, there wouldn't be a hassle about removing the extra stations... except that I had been running shuffle stations for a couple of days before I found the error and now there's thumbs-up across all three stations, and I don't want to lose any of them.  Is there any way to fix this error, or am I going to have to suck it up and hope that I get the songs again in the other station?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aquatica1000 I've reached out to our engineers so they can take a closer look at your account and those three stations.

I'll send you another message here when I receive more information from them.

Thanks for your patience!  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aquatica1000 Unfortunately, our engineers have informed me that there isn't a way for us to consolidate those three stations. 

They are looking into how you were able to create multiple stations based off of the same artist to hopefully preven that from happening again.

In the meantime, I recommend we keep the station you've provided the most thumb ratings on, and then delete the other 2 stations.

Let me know if you'd like some help with that. 

0 Kudos

Aquatica1000
Underground
Thanks for answering. Honestly, I figured that there was a decent chance I'd have to delete the duplicates anyways. I just wanted to know my options before I went through with it. Besides, it won't be a hardship to listen to the remaining station some more, they're a really good band. (Also, sorry it took me a week to respond, I've been really busy since I sent that and I forgot to turn on notifications.)

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aquatica1000 Always happy to help.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

0 Kudos