cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music listed under artist with similar name

Dart1920
Local Performer

Not sure how to get this fixed but I found an album from an artist that is actually listed under the wrong artist name. The album 'Underworld" buy "Vamps" which is a japanese band is being listed under the band "the vamps" which is a British band. Its kinda annoying as I like this album and it introduced me to the band but I can't play the album or the songs from the album on auto play without changing genre completely from hard rock to pop because it attributes it to the wrong artist.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
202 Replies

AdamPandora

@LoopFiction Thank you for reporting this - I have sent your feedback over to our curation team for further review. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

kittenteeth
Local Performer

Hi Adam,

I sent in a suggestion via email but thought I'd glom onto this thread as well. There are albums and songs by a hard rock group with a similar name being attributed to Swedish indie pop artist Augustine. He doesn't have any albums yet that I can find, only singles Luzon, Guts, Picking up Speed, A Scent of a Lily, and Wishful Thinking. Trying to make stations based off his 5 singles or him as an artist is a complete genre disconnect. Thank you for any help you can give!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@kittenteeth Thank you for your feedback - I will make sure to pass this along to our curation team for further review.

Additionally, we’re always looking for new content to add to our library.

If there is music out there that you are unable to locate on Pandora, feel free to post your feedback to our Music Suggestions thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

FoxPuppy
Local Performer

There is a funk band called One Way.  Apparently there is a punk band listed under the same name.  This song came up under my funk station and it was dOne Way.jpeg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@FoxPuppy I moved your post to this thread since you had similar feedback.

I will make sure to pass your feedback along to our curation team so they can investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

ELRinley
Underground

https://www.pandora.com/artist/lisa/AR9V3mb9tf3xmxm

A huge number of songs by Oribe Risa - stage name "LiSA" - have been filed under the above, a French artist named Lisa Gautier. Strongly recommend adding surname for clarity once separating LiSA's music into its own profile.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting us know @ELRinley! I've passed this on to our curation team. 

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

darylstrachan
Local Performer

Sunbeam https://www.pandora.com/artist/the-night/sunbeam-single/AL53dvkP2x3k4bZ has been listed under an artist by the same name https://www.pandora.com/artist/the-night/ARvjrPK2vXxJ9Vc.  Can this single please be placed on a separate artist page so that the artist can claim it.   Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@darylstrachan Thanks for reporting this - I am going to pass this feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

lafgl
Local Performer

There are at least 4 bands listed under the name Rare Candy.

1) Illinois band, includes listings:

Turnip Head

Feelin' 17

If You See Her, Tell Her I'm Over It

It Was Fun While It Lasted

Split

2) Video Game music cover band, album "Bomber Blue / Gallant Green"

3) UK band, includes listings:

Let It Go

Coming On

Speed of Sound EP

Money

You & Me

4) A fourth band with an album titled "The Truth"

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@lafgl I am going to pass your feedback along to the team who helps take care of our collection so they can further investigate.

Thank you for reporting this! 

0 Kudos

baelzebeard
Local Performer

Is there a method to resolve the, multiple music groups with the same name problem.

I know I have to thumb down the wrong stuff when it plays,  but is there a reporting system to keep the bands separated by classification.

IE: Marduk (metal) vs. Marduk (electronic).

AdamPandora

@baelzebeard I moved your post to this thread since you have similar feedback.

I am going to escalate your report to our curation team so they can further investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

baelzebeard
Local Performer

I see where this is going.

There are also two groups named "Moss".  One metal, one pop.

And two groups named "Heiress".  One metal, and one r&b.

AdamPandora

@baelzebeard Thank you for the additional reports! 

I'll make sure to pass this feedback along as well. 

0 Kudos

spaceghostx9
Local Performer

Hello,

There are apparently two different bands named The Esquires. Here, the instrumental group featured on the album cover is actually playing. The inset group picture and description belongs to a vocal group.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 11.35.13 AM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@spaceghostx9 Thanks so much for pointing this out.

We really appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I've forwarded this to the people who take care of the collection. We'll look into it ASAP.

0 Kudos

ktorster
Diamond in the Rough

@AdamPandora I noticed that Butch Walker has multiple listings of the same name. Some of his albums are listed under one, some under the other.

Same with The Midnight and The Midnight (synthwave), as they are the same artist.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ktorster Thank you for reporting this - I will escalate this to our curation team so they can investigate. 

wellaimed
Local Performer

Hello,

On the album "Hoyt Axton Meets Terri Gibbs, the "About the Artist" section shows Terry Gibbs, with a "Y", who is a male, Jazz musician. The correct Terri, with an "I", is a female, country singer. 

0 Kudos