cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music stops in the middle of the night

MTLEHMAN
Local Performer

I like to have music playing while I sleep, sleep station or sleep radio station, and recently it's stopped playing in the middle of the night. Anybody else having this problem and if so how'd you fix it?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MTLEHMAN It sounds like you may be running into the Timeout message.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

MTLEHMAN
Local Performer

I’m running on an android device. What’s happening is that I’ll go to bed
with the music playing and then I’ll be woken up because the music has
stopped. When I open up Pandora I find that it has stopped, same as if
someone had pressed the stop button. No error message presented. This is
a fairly new occurrence but it has become the only way Pandora has run. I’m
on the same device as always and previously I was able to start Pandora
when I laid down and wake up to the music playing. Thank you for your help
with figuring this out. --
Thank you

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MTLEHMAN I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to try and reproduce this issue.

The next time you attempt to play Pandora overnight, please reply back to this thread and let us know if the music stops without any error messages again.

0 Kudos

GEN4VRHRT
Local Performer

This started happening to me as well! Same thing. I go to bed with music and I wake up in the middle of the night with it stopped. App still open to what appears to be the track it stopped on. I can press play and go back to sleep. I got a new phone in mid October. So not too far off from when @MTLEHMAN started having this problem. I noticed that I usually have a notification when it has stopped. Usually a text or email. It also does it while just listening during the day after I get a text but not everytime. It's odd. I thought it might be a setting, but I can't find anything that would stop this from happening. @MTLEHMAN have you noticed having notifications when it turns off? Does it ever stop when you're awake?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GEN4VRHRT I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to try and reproduce this issue.

The next time you attempt to play Pandora overnight, please reply back to this thread and let us know if the music stops without any error messages again.

0 Kudos