cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Bands

NeoBlakkrstal
Opening Act

I was wondering what the criteria is for adding a channel from a particular artist? I have encountered several new bands via posts on Twitter or other Social Media platforms, and have been able to find them via the Pandora Search option, however, when trying to start a station from these bands I am receiving an error telling me that it is not possible to start a station for that artist. So, what criteria does Pandora follow when choosing to have or not have a station from these artists.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @NeoBlakkrstal. 👋

Thanks so much for being a part of the Pandora Community. I can look into this for you.

Could you share an example of a band (or multiple bands) you're noticing this happen with?

Is the start station button greyed out? If so, we do have this existing thread where these are shared: Option to create a station is greyed out

The moderators report these over to our curation team for further review to take a look at what's happening. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @NeoBlakkrstal. 👋

Thanks so much for being a part of the Pandora Community. I can look into this for you.

Could you share an example of a band (or multiple bands) you're noticing this happen with?

Is the start station button greyed out? If so, we do have this existing thread where these are shared: Option to create a station is greyed out

The moderators report these over to our curation team for further review to take a look at what's happening. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

NeoBlakkrstal
Opening Act

Hi, unfortunately I can no longer remember the names of the bands in question. That is one of the reasons that I was wondering what the criteria was for bands being added as channels. Like, do they have to have so many albums? So many hit singles? Just wondering because out of sight is out of mind. Thus the memory being what it is, these bands sort of go by the wayside, at least for me, since I am not hearing them on a daily basis.

0 Kudos