cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough songs by artist station was created for

BJN
Local Performer

I am really starting to hate Pandora, here my problem. When I select a station, like "Larry the cable guy" how come no matter how many skips I go through, I rarely get any " Larry the CableGuy " tracks.  Out of 20 skips, I got 1 "Larry the cable guy" track. And that not all, every station is like that. If the station is the "Garth Brooks" station then darn it, majority of the tracks played need to be "Garth brooks" I can care less about any other singer, I just want Garth brooks... so am I doing something wrong here? If not, then why do I even bother listening to pandora? I will not support Pandora any longer if I can't get the above corrected... its mission leading and false marketing when the stations dont play what their named after....

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BJN  I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the artist that you've seeded a station with, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

That said, you should be able to use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening on our website or your mobile device. You can pick different modes like Artist Only, which will play only tracks from the artist headlining your station (unless you've added variety to your station, in which case it will play tracks from those artists as well).

Please keep in mind that Artist Only mode will only exist on relevant stations.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎧

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BJN  I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the artist that you've seeded a station with, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

That said, you should be able to use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening on our website or your mobile device. You can pick different modes like Artist Only, which will play only tracks from the artist headlining your station (unless you've added variety to your station, in which case it will play tracks from those artists as well).

Please keep in mind that Artist Only mode will only exist on relevant stations.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎧

Komojo
Underground

I made a station based on Etta James, but she recorded some stinkers.   So I thumbed down the stinkers and now the station only will play her tunes that have been thumbed up.

Can I get the station to play other tunes from her without removing the down thumbs?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Komojo I moved your message to this thread as I provided some helpful information in my message above to address this.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos

PattyMac
Local Performer

I have been using Pandora for several years and have found that only a subset of an Artist's songs ever play.  If I create a Station based on "Eddie Money", for example, I would expect to eventually hear EVERYTHING he's done, but only 12-15 songs ever play.

I "asked" Spotify to play songs by "Eddie Money" this week and I heard plenty of songs I have never heard on Pandora.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PattyMac I moved your message to this thread as it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

Take a look at the tips I provided in my message above they should help with this.

0 Kudos