cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option between rated r and clean versions

melanatedseeker
Local Performer

I've been with Pandora since 2016 and I've been waiting a couple of years to see if there would be a change in picking clean or rated r versions of music. I like the rated r versions. Music I grew up on. Do You know how frustrating it is to sing or rap a song You think You know and get thrown off by a change of words or verse? Mumbling and stuttering isn't cool. I'll take a break from Pandora to search out other music streaming sites that play the music I like and want to hear. Maybe I'll be back maybe I won't. 

I also recognize that there was a song made by K-Dee produced by Ice Cube who has a whole different artist name connected to it. I don't know how that happened but that's not cool either. The artist and producer and everyone connected to that need to get that acknowledgment or recognition for that particular work.

One other thing I noticed is that one of My favorite artists and Their sophomore underground album Master P 99 Ways To Die wasn't available on Pandora. I just so happened to check a couple weeks ago and guess what? The whole Master P 99 Ways To Die album was there. Not even 3 days later I attempted to pull that very same album up and got a message saying that this album was not available to Pandora. How did that happen? There was on there for 2 days and the third and fourth day it was gone. I am bewildered. Thank you for your time and concern

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@melanatedseeker Nice to see you around the Community.

Option between rated r and clean versions:

I do see you've posted on this existing feature request already: Feature Request: Option to block all clean or explicit content

If you would like to listen to an explicit song or album on-demand, we do offer a solution through Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Premium. This service combines our industry leading radio service with on-demand listening.

Explicit tracks will be labeled with a red E - see here for an example:

Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 4.30.51 AM.png

You can learn more about upgrading from our website.

Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wrong artist name on track:

You mentioned you are seeing a track that is attributed to the wrong artist.

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Let me know.

99 Ways To Die album by Master P:

I've gone ahead and passed your suggestion along to our curation team for getting this album added to Pandora.

For future reference, you can post any content you'd like to suggest we add to our catalog here: Music Suggestions

Hope we continue to see you around!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@melanatedseeker Nice to see you around the Community.

Option between rated r and clean versions:

I do see you've posted on this existing feature request already: Feature Request: Option to block all clean or explicit content

If you would like to listen to an explicit song or album on-demand, we do offer a solution through Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Premium. This service combines our industry leading radio service with on-demand listening.

Explicit tracks will be labeled with a red E - see here for an example:

Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 4.30.51 AM.png

You can learn more about upgrading from our website.

Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Wrong artist name on track:

You mentioned you are seeing a track that is attributed to the wrong artist.

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Let me know.

99 Ways To Die album by Master P:

I've gone ahead and passed your suggestion along to our curation team for getting this album added to Pandora.

For future reference, you can post any content you'd like to suggest we add to our catalog here: Music Suggestions

Hope we continue to see you around!

0 Kudos

sunshineisdway
Local Performer

So the only way I can get explicit back is by paying for Pandora.

I think I'll just use my YouTube premium.

Bad move my Pandora

0 Kudos