cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalized Discovery Station

consultant
Local Performer

I haven't used Pandora in several years. I just signed up and use the third-party service to transfer a playlist of all my favorite songs, over 1,200 of them from Apple Music to my Pandora collection. I did this hoping that Pandora would see all the songs in my playlist knowing that I like those artists and genres and be able to then allow me to play a personalized station that introduces me to other songs it might think I like that are not already in my collection Playlist.

It used to be Pandora had a general personalized station that did this that you could play. I don't see that anymore. It would be similar to Apple Music's personal Station although that also plays songs already in your library mixed with other similar music you don't have.. Which is fine.

There seems to be no personalized station on Pandora that spans all genres for discovering other songs I might like. Even a Pop genre startion tailored to my preferences would be useful. 

I hope I'm missing something. Pandora used to be the king of predictive AI to introduce you to other songs you might like through one personal station. Has the service really diverged from that objective that much? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

consultant
Local Performer

Ahhh.  Just found out about Thumbprint Radio.  That is what I was looking for.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@consultant Happy to hear you were able to able to locate the station you were looking for.

Enjoy the music! 🎶

0 Kudos