Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing in the background

Bella79
Local Performer

How do I get pandora to play in the background when other apps are running

4 Replies

@Bella79, it depends on what other apps you're trying to run along with Pandora. Sometimes you need to shut down other background apps that are not necessary to run. For me for example, I have a Dell laptop with Bose speakers, so to get full quality sound I shut down Dells' Superfetch programs that are not necessary to run. By doing that I can pretty much do everything I want. Plus your memory has a lot to do with how much you can run as well, if you know how to check to see how much memory your system is using, you should be able to tell what you can and cannot run. If you are at 100% usage, you need to shut down some background apps. If your not sure how to do that, then talk to someone who does. Every system is different. I hope this helps you, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bella79 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

You should be able to stream the Pandora app while using other apps (as long as those other apps don't also require audio).

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. What is an example of an app that you attempt to use where Pandora does not play in the background?
  4. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  5. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Dorothy1
Local Performer

Stops every minute 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Dorothy1. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience.

How are you listening when this happens?

• Are you using a computer? 
    • Windows or MAC?
    • Pandora Desktop App? Or, Web browser (which one)?
  • If you're using a device, what is the make and model?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos