cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please STOP pushing Drake songs into my feed

jamie7
Underground

Please stop pushing Drake songs through my listening feed. I keep giving them a thumbs down and have looked in my shuffle options each time to see what the heck channel got added automatically to trigger them to play. There is nothing. I don't listen to any music similar to him and I cannot see how to stop them other than the thumbs down. There used to be something I hovered over that said something like 'see why this channel is playing' (I can't remember exactly) but it's not there anymore. I thought if I could tell what channel or other songs it was supposedly similar to, I could find that in my collection. There is nothing. I do NOT like Drake or any music similar to it. Please stop it. I have listened to Pandora for many years. I am not opposed to finding another source of music to listen to ALL day while working.

Labels (3)
6 Replies

fourkneecayshin
Local Performer

I get he released a new album, but 4 different stations playing multiple Drake songs from his recent album after never playing anything by him before. Not that I'm against him, but it feels like where no new music was ever played, I'm getting it forced on me. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jamie7 Nice to see you around the Community.

After taking a closer look at your account, I can see that Drake has played 4 times in the last two weeks.

You are getting Drake while in Shuffle Mode due to having the stations Lady Gaga, Whitney Houston, and Adele included.

I recommend either removing those stations from Shuffle Mode, or continuing to thumb down any Drake tracks that play if you no longer wish to hear his muisc.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fourkneecayshin After taking a closer look at your account, I can see that Drake has played 4 times in the last two weeks.

You are getting Drake on:

• My Reggae Radio
  • The Greatest Radio due to the seeds JAY-Z, Khalid, David Guetta

I recommend you continue to thumb down any tracks by Drake that play if you no longer wish to hear his music played on your stations.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

jamie7
Underground

Thank you for the reply. I do not understand how Drake can be included in these other stations. I guess I could see the stretch of similarity to Lady Gage, but not Whitney Houston and Adele. Those are so different! That is not cool to have to eliminate three artists I like to not listen to one I don't. Seems like poor matching to me. The listening metrics of what Pandora decides to send us seems to have gotten too broad to truly serve its original purpose. And the new purpose of sneaking it unrelated music with other genres or artists' styles. This makes for an unhappy customer.

My next question is how many times do I have to give the thumbs down to his songs before they stop playing in my feed? Will he ever truly go away through thumbs-down communication?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jamie7 When you give a track by Drake a thumbs down on your station, that particular track won't ever play again on that station.

So there isn't a set number of thumbs down you need to give, rather your station will learn over time as you continue to thumb down those tracks that play.

If you'd like to see the option to prevent an artist from playing completely, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️Blocking/Muting Certain Artists / Song Selection Rules

Hope this helps!

jamie7
Underground

Thank you for that suggestion. I have upvoted the great suggestion to block an artist feature. Hopefully, it comes sooner than later.

I swore I saw the same title of Drake's play twice even after giving a thumbs down. I moved so quickly to give it a thumbs down that I can't say for sure, but I swore that was the case. I don't know any of his music titles, I didn't even know who was playing each time until I went to the screen pandora was on to see it was him. I sure hope I was wrong and that the thumbs down triggering the title to never play again is truly working 100% of the time.

Thank you for being very responsive to these posts! I can appreciate a company that listens to its customers and has staff dedicated to managing a community board like this. That does help me to have more patience that this will get worked out.