cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor content recommendations on Thumbprint Radio

jsharp74
Local Performer

This is an issue on my thumbprint radio station. I followed the instructions to remove the bad seed stations, which appeared mysteriously, but it didn’t improve my station experience. I also went through my thumbs up and no songs from these genres have been liked. It’s playing 80’s/90’s pop and rock music. Each time I give it a thumbs down but it plays at least 4 songs before it moves to a new genre. The stations I have in my collection don’t include this music. Please help! It’s ruining my experience.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
23 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GME Thanks for your feedback.

Thumbprint Radio uses your thumbs to create a unique listening experience. By playing both thumbed-up and non-thumbed tracks from across all your stations, we hope to bring you lots of your favorites while sprinkling in some new finds in a seamless listening journey.

If the tracks you're hearing don't appeal to you, feel free to give them a Thumb Down on Thumbprint Radio. It won't affect that song's Thumb rating elsewhere, but it will stop Thumbprint Radio from playing that track.

You may also want to review your other stations and Thumbs, as they inform the content on your Thumbprint Radio.

You can:

1. Edit your individual stations to delete your Thumbs Up or Down, or delete the station entirely to remove it from your Thumbprint Radio mix.
  2. Try giving more Thumbs Up on other stations besides your Thumbprint Radio (if you're hearing too many unfamiliar songs), or 
  3. Give more Thumbs Up across your Pandora account (if your Thumbprint Radio is becoming repetitive).

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

GME
Local Performer

To reiterate, I thought the point of the Thumbprint stations was to play only songs to which I give a "Thumbs up" across all of my other stations.  Introducing new songs on the Thumprint station negatively affects the experience of listening to the Thumprint station.  It makes the Thumprint station no different from my other stations.  Frankly, I'm becoming a dissatisfied paid subscriber.  When I'm listening offline, there's too much song repetition in my stations.  I thought the stations were supposed to update/reload when you go from offline-to-online and back to offline.  Also, there are songs I added to my stations five years ago and I'm still waiting for Pandora to play them!  What's the point of adding songs if they're never going to play?  

0 Kudos

heyanmarie
Local Performer

Hi!  Pandora has an excellent library of music.  My tastes are eclectic and I'd like to learn about new music that I may like through thumbprint.  However, the thumbprint seems to draw on the most pop and overplayed songs. Is there anyway to get suggestions that point towards more underground & less mainstream artists?

thanks !

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@heyanmarie I moved your post over to this existing thread: Poor content recommendations on Thumbprint Radio

Thumbprint Radio uses your thumbs to create a unique listening experience. By playing both thumbed-up and non-thumbed tracks from across all your stations, we hope to bring you lots of your favorites while sprinkling in some new finds in a seamless listening journey.

If the tracks you're hearing don't appeal to you, feel free to give them a Thumb Down on Thumbprint Radio. It won't affect that song's Thumb rating elsewhere, but it will stop Thumbprint Radio from playing that track.

You may also want to review your other stations and Thumbs, as they inform the content on your Thumbprint Radio.

You can:

1. Edit your individual stations to delete your Thumbs Up or Down, or delete the station entirely to remove it from your Thumbprint Radio mix.
  2. Try giving more Thumbs Up on other stations besides your Thumbprint Radio (if you're hearing too many unfamiliar songs), or 
  3. Give more Thumbs Up across your Pandora account (if your Thumbprint Radio is becoming repetitive).

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos