cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED (04/27/22) - Various error messages when playing stations

Deadbird
Local Performer

None of my stations are working after the update. I checked on my android phone and my desktop, and none will play. It gives an error message: "This station is not currently available. Please choose another station instead." How do I fix this? I can play songs from my collection just fine. 

Labels (2)
72 Replies

PandaCommando
Karaoke Star

You might want to put a notification on the front page. Or at least a more descriptive error message. All I kept getting was a message saying "We couldn't start the selected station. We started playing your last station instead." Which doesn't really even tell me anything is wrong.

I had to do some digging to find this message. For about 20 minutes, I thought my account had been locked or something.

0 Kudos

Gramidar
Local Performer

Ok Tried this Absolutly Works 100% on my iOS.

Goto airplane mode close the app launch and then open the app it goes offline and plays the DL'd Station!!!

Remove Airplane Mode!! so you can call and text.....

Edit: Also dont connect to wifi and dont allow the app to use cell data.... After second song went back to not playing.

0 Kudos

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

Pandora won't play any stations on my laptop or iPhone today? Is it just me?

0 Kudos

Maxximus13
Underground

Its fixed!!! Thanks 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Gramidar
Local Performer

Windows App started working but not my iOS App....

0 Kudos

Vampira
Local Performer

I didn't get any messages.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 04/27/22:

Hi, everyone! 👋

We believe the issue affecting playback on your stations has now been resolved and will be blocking this thread from further replies.

If you are still experiencing trouble on your end, please restart your device and try again.

If that does not resolve the issue, please create a new thread and we will be happy to further investigate.

Thanks!

MusicFan90343
Local Performer

Yep, everything working here again.  Thanks!  (Using the old AdobeAIR application on a Windows 11 box)

All1966
Local Performer

Hi - I've also experienced the same as has been reported, so uninstalled and am attempting to reinstall.  I've cleared the cache, restarted my android phone, multiple times, and basically it's just sitting and spinning.  And has been, so I'm unable to reinstall from Google Play Store.  Is that a Play Store issue or still a Pandora issue?  Very annoying.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@All1966 That sounds like a Google Play issue if you are having issues reinstalling the app.

Please try the following steps:

1. Go to the Settings on your Android device.
  2. Next select Apps.
  3. Tap on Google Play Store and then Storage & cache.
  4. Clear cache.
  5. Return to Google Play and search for Pandora once more.
  6. Try downloading or updating again. 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

All1966
Local Performer

Hey Adam - I've done as you .... WAIT!!!  HOLD THE PHONE (literally)...wow, you're good. It's finally installing...what, are you a wizard or something??  It's slow, but it's rolling 🙂  Thank you!

earthur
Underground

So the app was broken for two hours with an incorrect error message ("station unavailable") when it was really your server that was down.  Broop!  And you just say, "sorry folks".  While all your payng customers were jumping through the hoops, deleting their app's data, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc.  wasting their valuable time trying to fix a problem that was never theirs.  This is error on top of error.  You owe your customers some kind of restitution and quick.  I for one unsubscribed and am not coming back.

0 Kudos

Bob51
Local Performer

Could not play any station. It was off for hours.

If this happens again I will cancel  my subscription. I understand one or even a few but not all. 

0 Kudos