cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED (05/05/23): Thumbprint Radio only plays censored tracks

Eyoung1
Local Performer

My thumb print station is suddenly edited?HELP! I have double checked, and I allow explicit content is on, and my other stations are playing explicit content, but my thumbprint station, for some reason is now censoring every song although I did not used to do this and this song will still say explicit version help me!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 05/05/23:

Hi, everyone!

We believe this issue is now resolved.

This thread will now be closed and blocked from further replies.

If you continue to experience issues down the line, please create a new thread and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

Enjoy the music!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Eyoung1 I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to try and reproduce this issue.

If it happens again, please make note of:

• the date and time you are listening when only censored tracks are playing
  • grab screenshots of the tracks showing it is playing the explicit version when the censored version is actually playing

Thanks for the help with this. 🤝

0 Kudos

eichners9
Underground

I’m actually having the same problem since the app updated on April 21

IMG_8791.png

IMG_8790.png

these screenshots are from today 4-26-23 at 6:48am est

Ever since my app updated on 4-21-23, all of the songs on thumbprint radio are the edited versions. I have allow explicit content turned on. I’ve tried logging out and back in

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eichners9 Thanks for following up.

I do see the second screenshot you provided was given a Thumbs Up. To clarify, did you previously give a Thumbs Up to the explicit version of this song, however when it played again on 4/26/23, the censored version played (with the Thumbs Up icon still highlighted)?

Additionally, does this only occur when listening on your phone?

Can you try listening to Thumbprint Radio on a computer as well (if possible) to confirm if only censored tracks play?

Thanks for working with me on this. 

0 Kudos

eichners9
Underground

All of the songs that I thumbed up were for the explicit version. Now they are censored but still showing they’re thumbed up. I usually only listen in my car but I just tried on my desktop and it plays the censored version there also while showing the thumbs up 

IMG_8793.jpeg

here’s a screenshot from my desktop at 7:35pm today 4-26 that shows explicit version but is playing the censored one. I gave it a thumbs up months ago

Eyoung1
Local Performer

it’s on my thumbprint station and does happen on songs that I haven’t thumbed up on that actual station even.. and then I click the album and play it from that access and it’s perfectly fine with the explicit content… so strange! 

0 Kudos

eichners9
Underground

Just an update on what I’ve noticed…it’s not every single song that is playing the censored version. Also some of the songs that are censored will every once in a while play the explicit version but either version displays my thumbs up and they all show that they’re the explicit version 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eichners9 Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Eyoung1 Thanks for following up.

When you have a chance, please do as @eichners9 in their messages on this thread, and provide us with some examples of explicit tracks that you've previously given a Thumbs Up to that are now playing censored.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Eyoung1
Local Performer
Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Eyoung1 Unfortunately, you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments.

After opening this thread, click on the camera icon in the reply box to attach your screenshot:

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 7.59.52 AM.png

Thanks again for the help with this!

0 Kudos

baglady19976
Local Performer

Thumbprint radio station started censoring my songs! Driving me insane as most of them are explicit. Please help. My settings have been checked and I am allowing explicit content. It's not every song and sometimes the same thumbs up song will play once regularly and then later censored.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@baglady19976 I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Eyoung1
Local Performer
Thanks! I’ve been trying to add the screenshots to the forum but I can’t figure out how.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries about the screenshot, @Eyoung1.

I've escalated your feedback to our engineering team as well.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 05/05/23:

Hi, everyone!

We believe this issue is now resolved.

This thread will now be closed and blocked from further replies.

If you continue to experience issues down the line, please create a new thread and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

Enjoy the music!

0 Kudos

eichners9
Underground

It seems to be working now!  Thanks for your help!!

0 Kudos

Eyoung1
Local Performer

So far so good! 🙌🙏🥳

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eichners9 @Eyoung1 Thanks so much for the update.

I'm happy to hear that things are working correctly again.

I will be closing this thread and blocking it from further replies now that this is resolved.

If you experience this issue again down the line, feel free to create a new thread and we'll be happy to further investigate.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos