cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffle: Removed thumb ratings play again with thumbs highlighted

XCaliber
Opening Act

I would like someone from pandora support to remove all my "thumbs up" and get rid of this option for me all together.  I want variety in my listening.  All my "thumbs up" songs that I have unselected keep coming back again and again.  Pandora is not remembering my removal of "thumbs up".

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@XCaliber Thanks for clarifying that with me.

It sounds like that track may have been given a Thumbs Up on more than one of your stations. I believe this is the case as you mentioned that it plays again highlighted when selecting a different set of stations to shuffle.

One thing to remember is that thumb ratings are station specific - giving a thumbs up to a song on one station will only apply to that specific station.

So if that same track plays again on a different station, the thumbs up rating won't be highlighted.

Additionally, if a different version of the same song plays, it will not have the thumb rating applied to it.

When listening to Shuffle, you can view which station a particular song is from by scrolling to the bottom of the Now Playing screen. A banner will appear at the top of the window.

It should say "[Station_Name] Radio," and then the name of the track.

Check out my post here for a picture of where that can be located.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@XCaliber I created a separate thread for you since it sounds like you are running into a different issue.

Bulk removing thumb ratings:

Unfortunately, there is not a way to bulk delete the thumb ratings you've given on a station.

The only way to accomplish that at this time is to manually delete each thumb rating one at a time on your station.

In the meantime, I recommend giving the Bulk Edit/Delete Content feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Removed thumb ratings play again with thumbs highlighted:

It sounds like despite removing some tracks from your thumbs up/down list on your stations, they continue to play with the thumb rating highlighted.

Can you please confirm that you are following these steps when removing thumb ratings from your stations? 

If so, the next time a track plays with the thumbs rating highlighted (when you know you already removed it previously), please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post that picture in a reply to this thread.

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

I can then pass that information along to our engineering team so they can take a closer look.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

XCaliber
Opening Act

This is what I think is happening.  I will select 6 of 71 stations in my Station/Collection and shuffle play them. Let's say the song "Never Give Up" by Sia From the album Never Give Up (From "Lion" Soundtrack) plays and it has the "thumbs up" selected.  I will then remove the "Thumbs Up" selection.

Then I change things up by selecting 4 completely different stations for a new shuffle play and the song "Never Give Up" by Sia From the album Never Give Up (From "Lion" Soundtrack), Plays again and it has the "thumbs up" selected as if I never touched it.  I think Pandora views that same song and Album as completely Different Songs !

So I have to remove the thumbs again for the exact same song and album. 

Note:  Having the Same song from the Same Album pop up in a completely new Shuffle happens a lot by the way.

How Pandora connects the song and album for selecting "Thumbs Up", but then has a disconnect problem for which the song and album had the "Thumbs Up" removed,  I have no clue.  Hopefully Support can Fix the Disconnect Issue.

Good Luck !  Fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@XCaliber Thanks for clarifying that with me.

It sounds like that track may have been given a Thumbs Up on more than one of your stations. I believe this is the case as you mentioned that it plays again highlighted when selecting a different set of stations to shuffle.

One thing to remember is that thumb ratings are station specific - giving a thumbs up to a song on one station will only apply to that specific station.

So if that same track plays again on a different station, the thumbs up rating won't be highlighted.

Additionally, if a different version of the same song plays, it will not have the thumb rating applied to it.

When listening to Shuffle, you can view which station a particular song is from by scrolling to the bottom of the Now Playing screen. A banner will appear at the top of the window.

It should say "[Station_Name] Radio," and then the name of the track.

Check out my post here for a picture of where that can be located.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos