cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit thumb ratings

cb
Local Performer

Hello, I accidentally hit the "thumbs down" on my phone... can I restore the song back into my playlist?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @cb!

You can edit the Thumbs associated with any given station.

How to edit Thumbs on mobile:

If this happened during your current listening session, all  you need to do is un-Thumb the track. From your Now Playing screen, swipe the album art from left to right until you see the track you're looking for, and tap the highlighted Thumb icon.

If this happened in a previous session, you'll need to visit the station details page to make that change.

Here's how to edit Thumbs in that station settings:

1. First, visit My Collection to view your stations list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit. 
    • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
    • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the thumb icon or the small "i" (in the upper right corner of your screen) to continue to the station's backstage page.
  3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station.
  4. Scroll down to either your Thumbed Up Songs or your Thumbed Down Songs.
  5. Tap the 'X' beside whichever Thumbs you'd like to remove.

How to edit Thumbs on a computer:

If you gave the song a Thumb during your current listening session:

1. Click on Now Playing in the upper left.
  2. Hover your cursor over the album art and click View Session History.
  3. Click the highlighted Thumb icon under the track you'd like to edit.

If you gave the song a Thumb in a previous listening session:

1. Click on My Collection, filter your collection by Stations, and select the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  2. Then select the ellipses to the right of the play icon and tap Edit Station on the menu that is revealed.
  3. Scroll down to the Thumb History of the station's page. By default, this will show your Thumbed-Up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbs Down, click on the Thumbs Down icon.
  4. To delete a Thumbed track, simply roll your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu (or click the ellipsis if you are a Pandora Premium subscriber). As before, select Delete to remove that Thumb from your station.

Hope this helps with your thumb feedback, and thanks for joining the community!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

114 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @cb!

You can edit the Thumbs associated with any given station.

How to edit Thumbs on mobile:

If this happened during your current listening session, all  you need to do is un-Thumb the track. From your Now Playing screen, swipe the album art from left to right until you see the track you're looking for, and tap the highlighted Thumb icon.

If this happened in a previous session, you'll need to visit the station details page to make that change.

Here's how to edit Thumbs in that station settings:

1. First, visit My Collection to view your stations list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit. 
    • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
    • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the thumb icon or the small "i" (in the upper right corner of your screen) to continue to the station's backstage page.
  3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station.
  4. Scroll down to either your Thumbed Up Songs or your Thumbed Down Songs.
  5. Tap the 'X' beside whichever Thumbs you'd like to remove.

How to edit Thumbs on a computer:

If you gave the song a Thumb during your current listening session:

1. Click on Now Playing in the upper left.
  2. Hover your cursor over the album art and click View Session History.
  3. Click the highlighted Thumb icon under the track you'd like to edit.

If you gave the song a Thumb in a previous listening session:

1. Click on My Collection, filter your collection by Stations, and select the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  2. Then select the ellipses to the right of the play icon and tap Edit Station on the menu that is revealed.
  3. Scroll down to the Thumb History of the station's page. By default, this will show your Thumbed-Up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbs Down, click on the Thumbs Down icon.
  4. To delete a Thumbed track, simply roll your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu (or click the ellipsis if you are a Pandora Premium subscriber). As before, select Delete to remove that Thumb from your station.

Hope this helps with your thumb feedback, and thanks for joining the community!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Watson2128
Local Performer

I have mine on Shuffle and don't know what station it was on... am I just SOL?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Watson2128 Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way of knowing what station a thumb rating is applied to when listening on shuffle.

You will need to go into each of your stations one-by-one to locate which one the thumb rating was applied to.

You can then use the steps provided in the accepted solution of this post to remove the unwanted thumb rating.  

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

Orion126173
Local Performer

How do you edit Thumbs down in the latest version? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Orion126173 I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for information on how you can edit your thumb ratings.

Hope we continue to see you around the community!

0 Kudos

acampione
Local Performer

I need someone to walk me through this.....I need to unthumb a thumbs down so it's back on the playlist?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @acampione thanks for posting to community. I've moved your message to an existing thread on this subject: How to edit thumb ratings

I recommend taking a look at @AlyssaPandora post above for steps on how to edit your thumbs on a station. You can find her post by scrolling up until you see the green solution box or by clicking here

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Wingz
Local Performer

I accidentally gave a thumbs down to one of my favorite songs. How do I fix it?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wingz I moved your post to this thread since you had a similar question.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can edit your thumb ratings from either a computer or a mobile device.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Madame_Mendoza
Underground

Is there any way to reset the songs that I've thumbs-downed?? There were a couple that I accidentally thumbs-downed & didn't actually mean to. Please say there is. 😟

Penny Lane Kirkpatrick (Mendoza)
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Madame_Mendoza I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Yes - you do have the ability to edit any accidental thumb ratings you may have given on your collected stations.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to edit your thumb ratings on either a computer or mobile device.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 😎

0 Kudos

duleau
Local Performer

Is there a way to see all the songs I've thumbed down in 1 list?  I'm a long time listener and I'm sure I've thumbed down some songs that I shouldn't have.

Thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@duleau Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

I moved your post over to this thread since you have a similar question.

For instructions on how to view/edit any accidental thumb ratings you may have given on a station, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps! 😎

0 Kudos

duleau
Local Performer

Thanks.  It's good to be here. 

The "accepted solution" seems to indicate that:  No,  I cannot see all the songs I've thumbed down in 1 list.  I'd need to go through each station individually to see what was thumbed down.  If that's not right, please let me know.  Pandora is great and I'm not complaining, it's just that that "solution" seems really really cumbersome and slow 😞

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@duleau I see what you are saying and definitely understand your frustration.

That is correct - there isn't a place to view your entire list of thumbs down ratings across all of your stations.

For now you will need to go into each of your individual stations to view the thumb ratings that have been given.

In the meantime, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion as I'm sure it is something others around the community would be interested in seeing as well.

We appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you around the community some more! 

srhmusic
Local Performer

So modern country music is absolutely terrible. I heard a song on the radio At work a few months ago and I added it to my station on Pandora. Now they keep throwing country music at me. I don't want it! Just that one song. I don't need to hear about your honky tonk badonkadonk, your favorite color is chrome or any other horribly generic songs featuring tractors, trucks, girls and beer. How do I stop this flood of tunes from this genre and just keep the one song that I like?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@srhmusic I moved your post to this thread to keep the community organized.

It sounds like you may have given that track a Thumbs Up on that station.

Pandora stations adapt with every song to try to find the right music for you. It does this by using a combination of the detailed information in the Music Genome Project, the station seeds and Thumbs feedback you have given along with feedback given by other listeners under similar conditions.

I recommend removing that thumb rating from your station to get it back on track.

For instructions on how to remove that thumb rating from your station, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 😄

0 Kudos

sasae6700
Local Performer

Accidentally thumbs down one of my fav songs, how do I undo it???

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sasae6700 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community organized.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to edit your thumb ratings on either a computer or mobile device.

Hope this helps! 😎

0 Kudos