cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing seed from a genre station

brainchild138
Underground

Hello, I have what I guess is a genre station, Ambient Radio, in my collection. I recently realized that while shuffling it with another two stations, I had been thumbing up songs that shouldn't have been in my Ambient Radio. I could remove the songs/thumbs up ratings, no problem. However, one of the songs that I don't want as part of that station is under "Station Created From" and I can't remove that. (Red Dust by Zero 7... an amazing song, but definitely not ambient)  Can someone on Pandora's end do so? Or change the station so that I can change the station created from things?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brainchild138 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

While there was once a bug that allowed users to add additional artist/song seeds to their Genre stations, that bug has since been resolved.

At this point, it is no longer possible to edit the name of these stations, or to add variety.

On the flip side of this, if variety was added to your station in the past, there isn't a way to remove that variety on our end anymore either.

To help with this, I had someone from our support team remove theAmbient Radio seed from your Ambient Radio station on their end.

Hope this helps! 😁

View solution in original post

15 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brainchild138 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

While there was once a bug that allowed users to add additional artist/song seeds to their Genre stations, that bug has since been resolved.

At this point, it is no longer possible to edit the name of these stations, or to add variety.

On the flip side of this, if variety was added to your station in the past, there isn't a way to remove that variety on our end anymore either.

To help with this, I had someone from our support team remove theAmbient Radio seed from your Ambient Radio station on their end.

Hope this helps! 😁

Play-Lstn
Local Performer

I would like to remove a seed from a genre station, expendables on my Reggae station, can someone from a support team delete it, I don’t want it there anymore.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Play-Lstn No problem.

The Expendables seed has now been removed from your Reggae Radio station.

Hope this helps! 😎

0 Kudos

crosbymatt
Local Performer

I have a classic station that I accidently added Debussy as a variety.  I would love to have it removed.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@crosbymatt I'm happy to help with this.

What is the name of the station you need help removing that added variety from?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

crosbymatt
Local Performer

Classic Radio

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@crosbymatt Thanks for following up.

That added variety for Debussy has now been removed from your Classical Radio station.

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

@AdamPandora would you be able to help add a genre seed to a station i have? can you add christmas radio genre station as a seed for my christmas radio 2 station?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EmperorJJ1 Unfortunately, there isn't a way to add genres as seeds to your collected stations.

I recommend creating a feature request if you'd like to see that option available on Pandora.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 😁

impiaaa
Local Performer

I have multiple genre stations with artist seeds. Even removing the station from my collection and adding it back doesn't remove them. Is the only real solution to post here about it? I found this support article but there is no labeled "Station Created From" section, and the ellipses menu next to the seed artist has no "Delete" option.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@impiaaa Nice to see you around the Community.

I can help with this - please send me:

• the name of the station
  • the name of the artist you need help removing as variety

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

impiaaa
Local Performer
  • "Drum & Bass Radio", Ed Harrison
  • "Chiptune Radio", Disasterpeace and Beta To The Max
  • "IDM Radio", Smiletron (despite the station being removed from my collection, the artist seed still remains)
  • Possibly other stations that I have removed from my collection

What can I do if, in the future, I find other genre stations with stuck artist seeds?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@impiaaa I've gone ahead and removed the requested seeds from the first two stations you mentioned.

In the future, you can always reach out to our support team directly for assistance with this here.

You can also comment on this thread, and one of our Moderators can assist as well.

Regarding your IDM Radio, I'm showing that station is deleted from your collection.

Can you please clarify what else you were trying to remove from your collection?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

jjarmak
Local Performer

Relying on seeds to recover stations become frustrating when the station appears to loose its seed. I checked every one of the songs, not hard to do considering that I have less than 10 on that station, and none of them seems to be coming up with that station. The station in question is 00 nu metal.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jjarmak I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further? Are you having trouble restoring a station that was deleted? 

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos